Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please give me a run down on how to and which strings/cables to twist to increase draw weight on a hoyt rx3? 60-70 lb limbs with limb bolts all the way in is reading 67lbs on the scale

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Full Time Novice
7,384 Posts
So you can twist the bust and control cable leave the floating yoke alone need to remember to add the same number of twist to both cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,991 Posts
So you can twist the bust and control cable leave the floating yoke alone need to remember to add the same number of twist to both cables

Yes

But after twisting your should notice cam lean and will then need to adjust the lean thru the yokes.

Fixed it

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,991 Posts
Also wanted to add. I’d be more concerned with bows tune than the extra 3?pounds . How is your axle and brace ?

Twisting strings only ends up biting you in the butt later on. When you pile up twists on strings, those twists eventually creep and stretch out. When they do, your left with cams out of tune which makes your bow out of tune.

I mark with white out my cams where they intersect top and bottom of the limbs. When the strings creep I see my white out marks move, I know I need some maintenance.

You can’t get away without twisting strings. But when you’re looking for 3-5 pounds you’re talking plenty of twists that will look like your string resemble a rope instead of a bow string.

I’d set the bow up and shoot it thru paper before I worry about 3 pounds. I’m more concerned about spec, axle and brace.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,991 Posts
Shoulder ?

Lol

Spell check

You should see cam lean

Darn IPhone !!! Because I’m always talking about shoulder exercises .

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I would get the bow shop bible app. It has everything you are looking for. There’s a thread on it. Worth every penny. You can also look at nuts and bolts guide. If you can’t find it I can send it to you when I get home just let me know. This pic will help as well.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Where on the bow shop bible app is the above table found, just downloaded it but haven't gone through it all completely yet ?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I got that specific chart somewhere else. The app has everything anyone would ever need. In the app click on the tuning tab and then it has tons of options.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You can also click on tools and then click on cable tweaks.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
This may help

tuning.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts