Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing a lot of research and questioning on this site, and finally decided i will use the swhacker broadhead. Now i am undecided on what size to get. Should i get the 1.75 for better penetration or 2" for a better cut?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've used both and they both perform equally well. Just depends more if you want to shoot 100 gr or 125gr. But for me I've stuck to the 100 gr 1.75" and trust me you wont have a problem finding a blood trail with the 1.75" either

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
For the people who actually try them they all seem to like them. too much bashing because of hank Parker.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the people who actually try them they all seem to like them. too much bashing because of hank Parker.
I went ahead and got the 1.75 inch cut. People can bash hank parker all they want, but at least their advertising isnt getting slammed down your throat everyday like rage.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yeah that says something in itself. If the only bashing of a broadhead is the TV personality representing them, must be a pretty darn good head. I could care less if Obama was on the swacker commercials, I shoot em cause they fly great and they EAT!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
i used 100 grain 1.75" this year on two deer, one a mature buck.. easy blood trail..worked very well.. love the look of the head, just not 100% on the mechanics of it.. flight and strength are awesome. wished the blades were rear deploying.

what arrow weight and speed are you shooting? i was at 425 grains and 290 fps

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i used 100 grain 1.75" this year on two deer, one a mature buck.. easy blood trail..worked very well.. love the look of the head, just not 100% on the mechanics of it.. flight and strength are awesome. wished the blades were rear deploying.

what arrow weight and speed are you shooting? i was at 425 grains and 290 fps
My arrow is around 380.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I tried the 2" 100gn version worked well, not the best entry hole but a tough and very good penetration but my only grip about these head they are just about totally blunt out of the packet the wost for sharpness i have even seen, so i would check and resharpen them before you use them on game...

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I shot the 100 grain 1.75" this year on a 385 grain arrow. Zipped right through a large bodied mule deer buck at long range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts