Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my 2012 PSE Evo and am wanting to ship it out to get it shooting at its full potential. I understand I have to do my part but aside from my part which tuner can get the most out of my Evo? I live in Jersey so visiting Ohio or Montana is out of the question but I will ship it anywhere I have to for the best tune! So who is the "Man" for PSE's?

·
Waiting on Season
14,905 Posts
Pm breathn on here he is a pse guru

Sent by Chief Buffalo Stomper using smoke signals

·
When's bow season start?
8,914 Posts
I have to ask: how can a bow truly be "tuned" when the shooter never touches it until it gets shipped back to him? I realize there are things that can be done, but I may get a bad tear while the tuner gets a bullet hole, or vice-versa.

I'm really at a loss to see how one can ship a bow 1000 miles and get a bow back that shoots great....for him, when he's never been involved in the process.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I have to ask: how can a bow truly be "tuned" when the shooter never touches it until it gets shipped back to him? I realize there are things that can be done, but I may get a bad tear while the tuner gets a bullet hole, or vice-versa.

I'm really at a loss to see how one can ship a bow 1000 miles and get a bow back that shoots great....for him, when he's never been involved in the process.
It's a mechanical device...you set it up so it's working the most efficiently.

Breathn did a Pearson TX4 for me. GREAT strings and it is perfectly tuned. I mostly shoot 3d w/it but put some slick tricks on it to see about a backup rig and it was dead on out to 65 yards.

I have TAZ Archery do my stuff now. Tim's strings are as nice or better as John's, 60X, Crackers, etc. and he can really set a bow up. He got 8 more fps out of my GT500 and same thing w/ broadheads, there was NO tuning. Screw them on and they are dead on. I tried ST's, T3's, Snypers, XT4's, Hunors, etc. and all were dead on.

I used to try to do my own stuff but man the hours of my life I'd waste....

Now I'm not saying there aren't other guys that do it themselves that aren't as good...I just realized I was wasting my time and could teach a few private lessons (something I'm good at) and have them do their thing!

·
When's bow season start?
8,914 Posts
But how does he set your peep?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I sent Breathn my Dream Season that I had been shooting already. He just measured the old peep and just reinstalled it at the same height. When I got it back from him it was perfect. He pays alot of attention to detail with his work. Soon I will be sending him my Vendetta XL for the same treatment.

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
take a measurement from the arrow shaft at full draw to your peep and give him the measurement, takes the difference in ata and draw length out of the equation.

a bow is in spec or it is not, do not need the shooter for that.

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys I will be looking him up shortly.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Another option would be Jeff at JBK Bowstrings, Jeff builds great strings but is also top notch when it comes to tuning...I have shipped a few to him and have always been satisfied with the results...Jeff has quite a bit of personel expirience with PSE Bows as well...like I said just another option to look into

·
Registered
7,538 Posts

The bow will not be tuned to you and your torque. However, the cams will be synched and timed. cam lean will be corrected. the rest will be positioned correctly as will the d loop. The strings and cables will be twisted to the correct length. Once everything is right on the bow. It's up to you to shoot it correctly. What will you change if you torque left? cam timing? nope. d loop position? nope. length of cables? nope. Those things all remain constant. They have a correct postion or length. If you have never had a bow supertuned, you might want to try it sometime. P.S. Breathn is VERY good with PSE equipment.

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hear of Crackers and Baldyhunter quite a bit on AT but wasn't sure if they were better with particular bows or any bow. I definitely want someone who can take my PSE and get the most out of it. I have breafly heard of breathn following the Xroid thread but if he is the man for PSE's then he will be the one I pm. Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming I will consider all my options before sending it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts