Archery Talk Forum banner

which ultraelite for 27 inch draw?

535 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Tuningfreak
I was wondering which one would be best my draw length or does it even matter? I am shooting a 737 for 3d and hunting but was thinking of getting into field archery next year, I,m left handed so I dont get to try to many bows,especially Hoyts since theres no dealer close by. It doesnt have to be an ultraelite so any opinion would be apreciated.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Find one on here with 3000 limbs and spirals or better yet if you can fing it with command+ cams.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
I have had the U/E in both an XT 3500 w/c2 cams. And XT 3000 w/Cam and 1/2 plus.
I am also 27'' draw. I think the XT 3000 limbs will suit you fine, with either cam. I also have an Ultratec with XT 2000s, I like the 3000s considerably better.

· Registered
413 Posts
I had an UltraElite w/ 3000 limbs and Cam 1/2 cams and shot it at a 27" draw. I miss that bow dearly, wish I had never sold it. At 27" you'll want B base cams for 3000 limbs, at least that's what mine had, it was a 2004, C's would probably work too, but you'll be shooting on the lower end of the module vs. the upper end on the B's.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
I dont know what an Ultraelite with xt2000 limbs is gonna do that a 737 wont except make you lace your arrow through the riser. If you want to shoot a longer a2a bow, than a xt3000 set would be the way to go.

· Registered
703 Posts
UltraElite

So I have my UE now for over six months, I really love the bow. I didn't really get a chance to shoot a 737 until after I purchased the UE.

I also run a shorter draw than most also. I have mine at the lowest module setting which is at 25.5 inches, got it with the XT 3000 limbs. Really love it but wish I could have shot the 737 before I bought the UE, both are excellent bows.

If I would have had a chance to shoot the 737 against the UE, it would have been a really tough decision. I'm glad I got the UE, but man wish I could have shot the 737. Both good bows, can't go wrong with either.

I was wondering which one would be best my draw length or does it even matter? I am shooting a 737 for 3d and hunting but was thinking of getting into field archery next year, I,m left handed so I dont get to try to many bows,especially Hoyts since theres no dealer close by. It doesnt have to be an ultraelite so any opinion would be apreciated.

· Registered
1,884 Posts
Michael Braden did a talk back when he was a Hoyt Pro and he suggested that after a certain draw length, you should move to 3000 limbs. I don't remember exactly what the cutoff number was, but the 2000 limbs would be fine for you....that much I do remember. Also, you will give up speed with 3000 limbs that you might not feel is important now, but down the road..........

It all has to do with having a correctly sized bow for you and for it to be comfortable to anchor. If YOUR not sure, the best advice I could offer would be for you to draw bows with the 2 different limbs and see how they feel. Which 1 is easier to find an anchor with? Which 1 feels more natural....like it is an extension of you? You want to be positive of your choice before you throw down that much cash for a new bow, so take your time and make the right decision for YOU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.