• Other, please post what it is.

Votes: 34 18.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Mulie Maniac
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been shooting blazers for a couple years now and like them but thinking about trying something new. A am going to stick with the 2" vanes but dont really know which ones are good broadhead vanes and which ones to stay away from. I will be shooting a trophy taker rest and out to 60 yards practicing. PLEASE give "your" personal preferances and why you like or dislike a particular vane.

Thanks Brian

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I've been shooting Blazers for a while now, and started with the flat base versions. Then they developed a groove in the base for holding the glue better, which did not work out so well..at least for me, and if I remember right, there was a quality issue with them.

I can say that the new Blazers with the logo are the best I've used. The groove is flawless, and they fletch as well as any vane out there today. They also stick great, so I think all the negatives that have been thrown around about them have dissapeared.

I've been shooting them against the 2" Fusions out to 40yds, and with field points they are identicle. I could not say which is more accurate, they are both as accurate as each other.

With broadheads, I'm seeing a slight edge with the Blazers. It seems they group better with broadheads even if the bow is not 100% in tune.

Blazers can be fletched with Bohning Platinum, and Fusions need a super glue. The cement type glues will deform the base. I like to try different fletches, or put new ones on at the beginning of the season, and hate scraping super glue off my shafts.

That's just my opinion, you really have to shoot different fletches to see which works best for you.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
How big are the broadheads youre going to use? I prefer a longer vane if the BH is larger. Helps fly better. I use 3.12" Quickspin st with 125 gr G5 montecs and Strikers.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
VaneTec

I was shooting Blazers and for a couple months everything was going great. Then they started to fall off. I switched to VaneTec 2" HP's and haven't looked back. They are the same profile as Blazers and weigh a little less. The material is a little different but they seem to stick a lot better. I put one of my arrows through my parents recycle bin a couple times and all 3 vane stayed put. The only thing I have had damage one of the vanes was when I put the arrow into my shed.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
For the last few years I would have chimed in and voted for the Blazers, however... I now prefer the VaneTec 2" HP, they are indentical cut as the 2" Blazers but a higher quality vane.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Rayzer 2" feathers.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I've been shooting Blazers for a while now, and started with the flat base versions. Then they developed a groove in the base for holding the glue better, which did not work out so well..at least for me, and if I remember right, there was a quality issue with them.

I can say that the new Blazers with the logo are the best I've used. The groove is flawless, and they fletch as well as any vane out there today. They also stick great, so I think all the negatives that have been thrown around about them have dissapeared.

I've been shooting them against the 2" Fusions out to 40yds, and with field points they are identicle. I could not say which is more accurate, they are both as accurate as each other.

With broadheads, I'm seeing a slight edge with the Blazers. It seems they group better with broadheads even if the bow is not 100% in tune.

Blazers can be fletched with Bohning Platinum, and Fusions need a super glue. The cement type glues will deform the base. I like to try different fletches, or put new ones on at the beginning of the season, and hate scraping super glue off my shafts.

That's just my opinion, you really have to shoot different fletches to see which works best for you.
Super glue is not necessarily required for fusions. I've been using carbon express glue w/good results. I don't think there's actually a problem where you have to use super glue. Your bohning platinum should have worked also. A lot of people use platinum w/fusions & no problems. :noidea:

I used blazers for a couple years & have been using 2" fusions this year. Both are great vanes, but I have to give the edge to fusion. For me, they group better at longer distances. Especially in the wind. They also group my broad heads better at longer distances. 40yrds & below I really can't tell much of a difference. I do like the fresh look of the fusions more then blazers.

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
For the last few years I would have chimed in and voted for the Blazers, however... I now prefer the VaneTec 2" HP, they are indentical cut as the 2" Blazers but a higher quality vane.
yup

·
Registered
144 Posts
I recently switched to the quickspin 2.25 and they have been fine

·
Registered
566 Posts
vane

Flex Fletch Flash vanes. Way more consisitent and durable than anything else. More surface area than blazers with less height makes them fly better in the wind to. Got some free vanetec 2" and every one of them was twisted a different way. I can grab a Flash vane on either end with visegrips and stretch it and after a little while you have a hard time seeing even where the visegrips clamped down on it and it returns to its shape. No other vane I have seen can pass this test.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,332 Posts
Last summer I fletched up just about every vane I could find and shot the heck out of the arrows. After 1000's of shots, I ended up right back where I started.....the 2" and 3.13" QS's. The most consistent vanes I have shot.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts