Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the scalloped edges on my vanes and some need replacing due to rips. But which vanes are best with the WB?

I have heard AAE Speed Flyte vanes work well with the WB. Only come in a few colors though.

CAP recommends the Bohning line of vanes and these have a better color selection.

Any experience? Which is better? Or is it a "use either one" situation?

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
AAE vanes are superiro

AAE vanes are tough and should last longer Theyhave some vae awesome colors and they are readlly bright and I can see them at a distance in poor light

Bohnignhas some new vanes but I donm't care for the colors.... they are dull IMHO

·
Registered
469 Posts
Best Vanes for Whisker Biscuit

I've been using 4" Duravanes in a straight fletch without any problems. I wouldn't use any larger fletch than that. I would consider using 4" feathers on a high speed rig though as they would not be so easily distorted from heat and friction as vanes. Flattening the biscuit as reccomended in the Carolina Archery Products website will reduce friction and increase speed through the rest. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Bohning vanes

I have had great success with Bohning vanes. They are very quiet and don't wrinkle up like some of the other vanes. Three four inch vanes weigh seven grains more than AAE or true flight. Carolina Archery recommends Bohning vanes. The colors are not as bright as some of the other vanes but good enough for me.
Joey

·
13,714 Posts
i have used several different kinds of vanes with wisker bisquit and i would have to say the best out there are the speed flyte vanes by aae i have never had one so much as bend out of place let alone tear or anything

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I've used the bohning vanes ever since i got my whisker biscuit 2 years ago. I have not had any tear or wrinkle up on me.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Feathers............:p

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Another vane to try is the Bi-Deltas. I have been testing them on my bow with a Whisker Biscuit with GREAT success. I have been using the 4 inch shark tooth and they have had no wrinkling or damage. Add a dab of glue to the front and back of the vane where it comes in contact with the arrow. They are bulletproof!However, I would suggest the 4 inch Hyperdeltas instead of the Sharks Tooth. The Hyperdeltas have a lower profile and I think would travel throught the biscuit even smoother.

Lancaster Archery sells the Bi-Delta or you can call the guy who makes them. He can give you great information on them and sell them direct.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
By far the best Vane I have used it the Speedflyte vanes by AAE. I have tried the bohning as well as duravanes and the regular AAE vanes and for the WB the speedflytes worked the best. For regular rests I prefer the standard plastifletch from AAE. The bohning vanes dont' seem to want to "lay right" and they don't stick as well as some others I have tried. they are farily tough though..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts