Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i was wondering which vanes are best to use with the whisker biscut? I am about to get them refletched and also would feathers be better? thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Forget the feathers with a biscuit. They will work but it will eat those feathers up fast. For hunting I would stick with a 3 or 4 inch vane. I like and use 3" duravanes but use whatever ones work best for you. There are a lot of vanes to use but the ones we use most are: duravanes, bohning, and AAE. And we probably fletch more AAE vanes than the others. You probably should use 4" vanes unless your equipment is really tuned well and you can get your broadheads and field tips to shoot the same. The 4 will give you quicker arrow stabilization and better accuracy.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Best Fletches for the Whisker Biscuit

I have had good luck with Duravanes, but any of the hard, slick, kind of vanes will work. Stay away from the cheap, soft, rubbery kind of vanes with this rest. Feathers are pretty slick and will fly beautifully through the rest if it is set up properly. Just make sure you use the proper spine arrow and you should have good results. You should have a loose arrow to biscuit fit. The bow should be set at an even tiller. The biscuit should be parallel to the bowstring. The arrow should be nocked at a 90degree angle to the bowstring and you should adjust the tiller if needed to get a level arrow in the target. This is how I set my bow up and it shoots both fieldpoints and broadheads in the same hole. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
www.turbonock.com

Turbo Nocks like whiskers.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
NO FEATHERS

I wouldn't recommend feathers with a WB. I have great results with 4" Duravanes. An extra drop of glue on the leading edge and you're off and running. You might notice a bit of wear after 200 shots per arrow but nothing too bad if its all setup properly.
Good luck.

Jon

·
Registered
174 Posts
Both of my boys shoot wbs. They use Duravanes,and AAE. They don't really experience all that much premature wear and they shoot great even with a good offset. I think feathers are too expensive to chance the fast wear that may occur.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts