Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fall, I plan on shooting the carbon express F-15's. Or at least something similar with a large COC head.

My question is: which vanes will steer the best between the standard 2" Blazer and the 3" Blazer x-vane?

The standard 2" Blazer is .6" tall, while the X-vane is .5" tall. But with the 3" in length on the x-vane, I will get more helical out of it than I would the 2".

Opinions?

·
Registered
890 Posts
To be honest...

Shoot Gateway Rayzr Feathers...I switch from my blazers and duravanes and are much happier.

I only shoot magnus COC and you can't beat these feathers with any vane period.

http://www.gatewayfeathers.com/2009-rayzr-feathers.html
I found the opposite to be true. I shot the Rayzrs against Blazers and 2" Fusions. The Blazers and Fusions grouped nearly identically with the Fusions only have a slight edge IMO with less noise. The Rayzrs didnt seem to group as well in my testing.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I shoot Blazers but will try out the Fusions.

·
Venison Junkie
1,274 Posts
GanderMt has fusion 12-packs for 5$ if you want to try them. I fletched a couple of mine and I like them alot better than Blazers.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I've been a fan of the 2" Blazers for a few years now... however the new 2" VaneTec HP vane features an identical cut as the Blazers but they are actually a higher quality vane. They even cost less than the Blazers. Mountain Archery has a great selection of them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
look into fob's they will make any bh fly like a field piont

·
Registered
703 Posts
This fall, I plan on shooting the carbon express F-15's. Or at least something similar with a large COC head.

My question is: which vanes will steer the best between the standard 2" Blazer and the 3" Blazer x-vane?

The standard 2" Blazer is .6" tall, while the X-vane is .5" tall. But with the 3" in length on the x-vane, I will get more helical out of it than I would the 2".

Opinions?
I would use 4 inch Duravane 3d's or feathers.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Fusions

I use 2" and 3" fusionson my shafts. 2" on carbons and the 3" on aluminum for either target or hunting. excellent flight.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts

Opinions?
I've used the X-Vane for several years, and it's a top notch vane. I use the 2" on my 3d arrows, and have even hunted with the 2", although i currently use blazers.

They sell a bunch of 2", 3", and even 4" X-Vanes on ebay cheaper than most places.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Fusions

1 - 14 of 14 Posts