Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
mk, both are very good arrow. I perseonally shoot the Xringers hv as I have a fairly short draw and shoot low poundage. The series 2 is a great arrow as well. The Xringers are the size of a 2413 arrow if that helps you any. They will catch lines a little better than the 22's will. If you have any more questions please PM me and i will help you the best i can.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mk, both are very good arrow. I perseonally shoot the Xringers hv as I have a fairly short draw and shoot low poundage. The series 2 is a great arrow as well. The Xringers are the size of a 2413 arrow if that helps you any. They will catch lines a little better than the 22's will. If you have any more questions please PM me and i will help you the best i can.
thanks cowboy...I know I have been asking a few questions about these arrows but I just want to be certain. I'm leaning toward the x-ringers...

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
im using the v forve v1 arrows and they are working good. for now. eventually im going to get some lighter arrows for 3d but they are hitting so good at 40 yards.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
mk, the Xringer is a great arrow. It is super light, super straight, and very durable. I have not had the first issue with them. As far as weight consistency goes i fletched a dozen and all were within 8/10's of a grain of each other after fletching. i would recommend getting some 2413 easton unibushing to use for nocks. i hit one just tonight and it cracked the nock, took a chunk out of the bushing but the shaft itself is ok. i also sent one into a piece of 3/4 plywood a few days ago when my release fired pre maturely(user error) and pulled it out and reshot it with no noticeable damage to the arrow.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the pin nocks aren't recommended...I thought that was the idea behind those, to protect the arrow

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Well I am not going to say they are not recommended. I personally dont shoot them due to a bad expereince awhile back with pin nocks. That would be personal preference. I dont trust ANY pin nock after one cost me a bow.

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
so the pin nocks aren't recommended...I thought that was the idea behind those, to protect the arrow
i love my pin knocks they have already saved me 2 arrows. just inspect them before shot. i inspect everything before i shooting. arrows and knock are one thing you have to look over anyways before you shoot. and they are like 4 different styles of pin nocks some stronger than other.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
mk, the Xringer is a great arrow. It is super light, super straight, and very durable. I have not had the first issue with them. As far as weight consistency goes i fletched a dozen and all were within 8/10's of a grain of each other after fletching. i would recommend getting some 2413 easton unibushing to use for nocks. i hit one just tonight and it cracked the nock, took a chunk out of the bushing but the shaft itself is ok. i also sent one into a piece of 3/4 plywood a few days ago when my release fired pre maturely(user error) and pulled it out and reshot it with no noticeable damage to the arrow.
Hey Cowboy, what points are you using? The Victory 100 gr SS points are very loose in the arrow, I 've lost quite a few in my target butt. And I've tried about every glue out there.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Yes I am using Victory's point. I myself havent experienced this issue tho. I did read somewhere the the MFG for the point might have had a batch or two come thru that were a hair smalled in diameter. Have you tried an Easton 2413 point? Another thing you may try is taking a .45 caliber bore brush and just lightly roughing the inside of the shaft and using some Loc Tite Super Glue Gel in the blue bottle. I had some GT shafts that did this a few years back and that was the fix.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Yes I am using Victory's point. I myself havent experienced this issue tho. I did read somewhere the the MFG for the point might have had a batch or two come thru that were a hair smalled in diameter. Have you tried an Easton 2413 point? Another thing you may try is taking a .45 caliber bore brush and just lightly roughing the inside of the shaft and using some Loc Tite Super Glue Gel in the blue bottle. I had some GT shafts that did this a few years back and that was the fix.
Thanks, I'll try it.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I'm shooting X-Killers for 3D!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
dang dude. talk about hiding the 14 ring! i thought about shooting them myself but i cant get the speed from them with my short DL

·
X-Ray
2,292 Posts
Carbon tech cheetah

310 grn, 55lbs and 287 feet per second.
28 in draw ultra elite. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
ummmm

310 grn, 55lbs and 287 feet per second.
28 in draw ultra elite. :darkbeer:
It does say VICTORY in the title. Another pot stirrer I see. Have a good day! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
dang dude. talk about hiding the 14 ring! i thought about shooting them myself but i cant get the speed from them with my short DL
Yeah, I shoot bright fletching too so that everybody can get a piece of that big ole bushing!:angel:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I hear ya. Love mine for indoor.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, I went with the x-ringers hv. Got them from veroshooter, heck of a nice guy. thanks for the advice guys...

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
mk Mike is a great guy to deal with a you WONT be disappointed. But if you decide you dont like em and they are 28" long at least i will take them off your hands!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts