Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you guys think would be better to sacrifice brace height or ata? I have 25 inch draw and it's hard to find a bow with a longer ata and 7 inch brace height. so if I were to go to a different bow I have a lot more options if I sacrifice one or the other. Which would you guys choose the bow is for 3d and hunting

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Personally I would give up ata before bh but I would look for the bow with the longest ata and bh that I could find.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
If you have good form, bh isn't an issue. ATA will come in handy on 3'd and hunting. But really, I shoot a Invation with a 31" ata and do great at fiels and hunting.
Find a bow that feels good to you and shoot it.

·
Buckeye Fanatic !
1,093 Posts
Short draw archers don't need the bh that long draw archers need. Look at your power stroke ( draw length minus brace height) its basically the distance in inches that the arrow will stay on the string when the shot is fired. With a 25" draw and a 6" BH your power stroke is 19". That's the same as a guy with a 27" draw and a 8" BH. If you ask me there is nothing wrong for someone with that short of a draw to give up some BH. Jmho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
568 Posts
I am running a 6 inch bh and is great so would have to say bh to give up

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I would give up BH for a longer ATA any day of the week! Especially for someone with a short draw length. As stated above, BH is not a critical factor for someone with a short draw length as it is for someone with a longer draw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts