Votes: 26 44.1%
  • commander

Votes: 33 55.9%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of these 2 bows would you prefer for a 3d shoot (no range finder!)?

82nd airborne with its blazing speed?
Commander with its added brace height and forgiveness?

·
Transplant from Dakota
1,523 Posts
IBO or ASA? other?

Bill

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IBO or ASA? other?

Bill
Bill, I'm fairly new to the sport and dont really know the difference. The only thing I know is that you must use an 8x or weaker binocs (I heard 8.5?), and no range finders. Also, I know that depending on the style of sight it could change the class? Could you compare and contrast these 2?

FWIW, I shoot fixed sights with a release.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
I would not want to drag a press and a whole stack of limbs around to keep the 82nd going.And yes ive owned the 82nd so I know.:darkbeer:

·
Transplant from Dakota
1,523 Posts
Main diff. besides the classes is ASA has a 280fps speed limit, where as in IBO you can go as fast as you want as long as you maintain 5 grains per pound of draw weight. ex. 300 grain= 60#.

Also. no problems with the 82nd. IMO

Bill

·
Registered
11,666 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Main diff. besides the classes is ASA has a 280fps speed limit, where as in IBO you can go as fast as you want as long as you maintain 5 grains per pound of draw weight. ex. 300 grain= 60#.

Also. no problems with the 82nd. IMO

Bill
ah, i'd choose a commander then if its 280 fps limit. would be silly not to i'd think?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i take the commander or my guardian over the 82nd. that just be a fast miss for me :).

Bill

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
well the commander is my 3D rig. right now she is all in pieces sitting in the garage. i have it all strip down to bare metal. gonna get it powder coated for next season. oh love my guardian it's my hunting rig too.

Bill

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
if i had to choose i would have to pic the 82nd. but i also have a short dl so the extra speed will help and the lower brace wont effect me much.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
3d bow

wich class are you going to shoot and ibo or asa if hunter class it's a wash in ibo cuz with a 4 pin rule and only 35yd max shot speed realy dosent matter
and asa the 280fps will leave you out with the speed of the 82nd i would just look for a comfortable and forgiving bow

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wich class are you going to shoot and ibo or asa if hunter class it's a wash in ibo cuz with a 4 pin rule and only 35yd max shot speed realy dosent matter
and asa the 280fps will leave you out with the speed of the 82nd i would just look for a comfortable and forgiving bow
this would be for IBO class.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so if i'm understanding the rules right...

ibo = any speed but 35 yd max and 4 pin max
asa = 280 fps

what else do i need to know about these classes?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would not want to drag a press and a whole stack of limbs around to keep the 82nd going.And yes ive owned the 82nd so I know.:darkbeer:
I guess I got a blemish one if they're all like the ones your describing.....thousands of shots and not a single limb issue. Matter of fact I've had a Tribute, Constitution, 82nd, and Sentinel and have not had one issue..:darkbeer:

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Here we go again......

·
Registered
10,764 Posts
I have an '08 Commander that I use for 3D, my Guardian is in the tree with me come fall for hunting. The 82nd is an awesome bow, never hear about to many limb issues in my area though others have had some problems on here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts