• Picture 2 (Wide 10 point)

Votes: 92 53.8%
  • Picture 3 (Tall main frame 8 point)

Votes: 24 14.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, lets say it is opening morning and all 3 of these bucks come in at lets say 20yds. Which one would you pick out to shoot assuming everything was equal and they all presented broadside shots. If you have a particular reason on what you like about that deers particular rack or size feel free to say what it is. Time is dragging by and I still have 7 days to go so I am just killing time for a little fun.

Attachments

· Registered
255 Posts
If all three came into my stand at the same time I would shoot either #2 or 3. #1 is probably just a 2-3 year old buck while picture #3 seems like an older more mature buck. However, since I am out of venison if anyone of them came alone I would give them something that would leave a mark just behind their front leg.

· Registered
1,730 Posts
I likem high and tall tines, but I would take out the weaker tined wider buck and let the other 2 go another year. They all 3 look fairly young to me and another year might just do thier antlers some good!!!

That said, they are all nice looking bucks though!!

· Registered
2,313 Posts
All 3 at same time #2 gets my vote love them wide horns but 1 & 3 woudnt hurt my feelings to be my target either.

· Registered
1,544 Posts
i think i would opt for number 2, then 1 as my second choice of the threee

· Registered
648 Posts
wide racks don't do a thing for me...

that 9 looks like it might be a real nice deer, but the angle is kinda funny, so its a little tough to tell...im taking that big 8 with these pictures...

theose wide guys just dont light my fire...

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Kind of surprised at the run on number 2. Number 3 looks the oldest, but I would take number 1. Might make a difference once out of velvet, but I doubt I would take number 2. We had one running around our place for a couple of years a lot like number 2. I shot it only because it had a badly broken hip and had already lost what I estimated to be 15 - 20 pounds based on the pics from earlier in the season.

· Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok guys I have a few more pictures to add to y'alls decision. The first picture I believe could be the 9 point from last year with long main beams that curl up at the tips with similar g2s and 3s pointing more to the front of the deer rather than growing up. The second and third pictures are of the main frame 8 in and out of velvet with his g3s curling at the tips. I believe he has the biggest body as has been stated, and may be the oldest, but once the velvet comes off it is average mass as with most tn deer I have seen. Nice but not outstanding. The last picture is one of my favorites as it almost appears the big wide 10 is almost crawling out of a hole in the ground and boy does he look wide in this picture:eek:. Keep the post coming guys I love reading all of your responses.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.