Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tested WB accuracy at 60yds or beyond? If so, what's your group size? I've only tried at 40 yds and had a group size of 3". I guess its accurate?

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Pigman did a video shooting a WB out to 100, just search for Pigman Whisker Biscuit on Youtube it will come up...

Spoiler - works just fine, accurate too.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
A bow with a WB will be capable of shooting better than any human can. If you do your part, you'll hit what you're aiming at. There a many videos of people shooting targets at long range with the WB.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I shoot to 60 yards(I can't go any further without standing in the street) and it hits where I aim. Been using the WB for years because of it's simplicity and durability. Get ready though as others will chime in to bash the WB.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Here in Arizona, they used to hold broadhead competitions at 100 yards and I have seen a person win it with a whisker Biscuit! Most people don't have the skills and knowledge to give accurate opinions about archery gear!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’ve helped in archery shops for many years. I’m in CA. A WB was something we just used on bows in shop. The PSE rep said just try it. Put one on and smiled. Laughed at having new bow with WB. Smiled again when taking money at club clout shoots out to 110 yards. I will not say it is the best. But definitely simple for my hunting setup.

·
Registered
Compound and bare bow recurve.
843 Posts
I have a WB rest on both my compounds and I shoot golf ball sized groups out to sixty yards, which is all the farther I shoot. I LOVE the WB. Simple to tune. Stays tuned and is rock solid in the field. I have had all kinds of rests over the years and all of them gave me some kind of trouble except the WB. I use Blazers vanes with my WB as they are stiffer. My groups tightened up with Blazers and they weren't bad with other vanes. My best groups with the WB are with Blazers, your mileage will vary. Pete Shepley the founder and master mind of PSE archery endorses the WB as does the Pigman. WB is a great rest, the only one that is on my bow(s).

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
5,716 Posts
I’ve used them for years with great success. At one point I was practicing out to about 90 yards and I was getting consistent groups. Nothing quite as good as the pig man, but good enough to give me great confidence in the rest! As far as hunting, I personally choose it over all the others.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was a skeptic. Never used one,but never had anything good to say about them. Finally broke down and tried one. What others have been saying is true. A well tuned rig and good form is the key. That funny looking little biscuit will lay them in there.

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
They can be very accurate imo. It's funny because alot of people say the are beginners rests but truthfully they are the opposite. If you are a beginner and don't have good form they are not very accurate in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 47 Posts