Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a new hyperlite and have a new whisker biscuit that I had bought before and was wondering if there would be any disadvantages to installing it on the hyperlite? I want to keep the bow as light as possible and I thought this would help. I have been looking at the new drop aways, but Im only going to be using this bow in the mountains and I thought maybe it would be more durable? thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Dis Advantages.... None its fool proof, simple and bomb proof. I've shot fall aways QADs and Rip Cords they work great nothing wrong with any of them. The WB is just so simple and easy zero problems.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Dis Advantages.... None its fool proof, simple and bomb proof. I've shot fall aways QADs and Rip Cords they work great nothing wrong with any of them. The WB is just so simple and easy zero problems.
X2..None

·
Registered
220 Posts
+

Good choice, if you are packing in the WB won't fail you.
One thought, you probably want to shoot some smooth surfaced arrows, I've found some camo ones are somewhat noisey throught the WB.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Watch to make sure the arrow doesn't get pushed down into the bristles. I missed a turkey this fall because of that. Mel

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have heard that with a lot of moisture in the air, they can freeze solid. That might be a problem depending on climate and time-of-year. Anyone with experience with a frozen WB?

Brent

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
The WB is awesome but does have some faults, including damaging fletching, creating noise, and reducing arrow velocity.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
For hunting? none, zip, zilch, zero... I do hunt with a QAD now though

·
Registered
478 Posts
When I see a WB win Vegas or IBO Worlds I will shoot one. Did I just say that :zip::wink:
When I can go hunting in the same conditions they have in Vegas or the Worlds, I'll switch completely to a drop away. :wink:

I do have a drop away on one of my bows, but for hunting, WB all the way.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good choice, if you are packing in the WB won't fail you.
One thought, you probably want to shoot some smooth surfaced arrows, I've found some camo ones are somewhat noisey throught the WB.
Yup, I'll be packing in. thanks for all the replies. I was looking at the hd pro, but I will be going with the biscuit. In the mountains where I hunt there won't be much for long range shooting so Im not real concerned about the long distance velocity, but it always sticks in the back of my mind and makes me wonder how much the rest is affecting it. thanks again!:thumbs_up

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
When I see a WB win Vegas or IBO Worlds I will shoot one. Did I just say that :zip::wink:
i love this mentality. i heard someone else say the same thing about the destroyer 350. bet these guys both shoot Hoyts and will always shoot Hoyts and whatever the tournament archers have on there Hoyts and whatever tounament archers tell them to shoot.
we're talking hunting here though. so that being said, your wb will be fine for hunting. if you still hunt you can have an arrow ready to go where all you have to do is draw back and shoot. i have several friends that used to hunt with fall aways and after they saw me hunting with the wb they put them on there bows and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Didn't mean to.......

Sorry I was making an off the cuff remark didn't mean to side track thread. I do prefer a prong style for all my shooting. Mainly because the Bristle type rest whetner it is WB, Hostage, NAP, they all wear the bristles out and when i am out in the bush of Alaska that is not the time to have an arrow slump down in the bristles because they are worn.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
biscuit is more fool proof than any other rest on the market,, it does not make noise, some arrows do, thats not the biscuit,, if you consider 2 fps reducing arrow speed then yes it does, IF it were to freeze stick your finger through it and your good to go, but what are you going to do with a frozen failaway? build a fire? it does not eat of quality fletching but it will destroy junk ones,, who would want to use them anyway?

·
Registered
915 Posts
X3 none , best hunting rest ever IMHO

1 - 20 of 60 Posts