Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new trophy ridge quick shot wb and on the sight side of the rest a few bristles are sticking out. is it ok to trim this or will it cause problems?

· Registered
4,736 Posts
where are they sticking out from? My daughter's biscuit has them poking out the back all over from where the vanes go through, but the front always looks brand new. If they are sticking out inside the hole, either snip them off, or enough arrows will wear them off.

· Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where are they sticking out from? My daughter's biscuit has them poking out the back all over from where the vanes go through, but the front always looks brand new. If they are sticking out inside the hole, either snip them off, or enough arrows will wear them off.
it is where the bottom two vanes go through

· Registered
4,736 Posts
it is where the bottom two vanes go through
Ya thats normal, at least from my daughter's WB and the ones Ive shot on my bows. Helical will do it a little more. Its just where the vanes are clearing a path through the bristles.

· Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya thats normal, at least from my daughter's WB and the ones Ive shot on my bows. Helical will do it a little more. Its just where the vanes are clearing a path through the bristles.
yea i know that it is normal, i was just wondering if i could cut them off to make it look a little better

· Registered
4,736 Posts
yea i know that it is normal, i was just wondering if i could cut them off to make it look a little better
Heck ya, you can cut all the little strays off. I cut some off that were kind of criss-crossed where the vanes went through.

· Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would it help cut down on drag as well?

· Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
by the way, thanks for your guys' help

· Registered
4,736 Posts
Im not sure how much or if you could ever tell. Eventually, just shooting through it will clear a path through the biscuit, but there will always be a few strays sticking out here and there. Its just because every single vane isnt going to go through every bristle the same every time, and some might get a little kink and stick out, or just bounce there way out from the springiness. Theres actually a lot of brush for the vane to pass through, so trimming the few crooked ones off wont hurt.

· Registered
708 Posts
Hey use a lighter it works great.....:lol3:and when you're done go buy yourself a nice drop away! hahahahah good luck with your trimmin and good shootin to ya!

· Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey use a lighter it works great.....:lol3:and when you're done go buy yourself a nice drop away! hahahahah good luck with your trimmin and good shootin to ya!
well if you want me to do that, ill just pm you my address and you can send one over for me :wink:

· Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im open to donations of any drop away :teeth:

· Registered
2,514 Posts
I have WB on all 3 of my compounds and yes that is normal to have several hairs stick out from the arrow going thru the rest. I just leave them there and see no change in arrow flight.

· Registered
966 Posts
Have some stick out on mine to. But never has effected my shooting so I just leave it.

· Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ttt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.