Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decieded to switch to the WB or am hopeing to. If you have one how do you like it. I need the pro's and con's. I bought a fall away rest and hated it. Timing was off or something. this will be the 3rd rest and i'm hopeing not to buy another. thanks.

I mainly hunt so i'm not shooting 3d but at the same time i like tight groups.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Wb

This was my review of it in the reviews...check out the other reviews too.

From SirWilliam on 07-27-05 13:58 [5]
I have used the Whisker Biscuit on my hunting set-ups for a few years now. My initial complaint with the earlier biscuits was the loading of the arrow, but that issue has been completely eliminated with the addition of the QS (Quick Shot) biscuit a couple of years ago. Setting up the rest is one of the easiest I have ever used. The Deluxe Whisker Biscuit allows for almost limitless adjustments for perfect tuning and only takes minutes to do so. I have heard all the problems, i.e. fletching wear, noise, speed loss, weather, accuracy...but the only issue of all the "problems" I have incurred is fletching wear. And it is really no problem at all. Put an extra drop of fletching glue on the leading point of the vane...no problem! A little wavey? Yes...but who cares? It does not affect accuracy. Arrow flight is incredibly accurate, it is VERY quiet (shooting Beman ICS Hunters), completely secure while hunting (especially stalking the woods), and has been completely reliable at puting meat in my freezer! As a hunting rest...can't be beat! Is it for everybody? Nothing is, but try it out and you will be pleasantly surprised at the results you get. And oh yeah...how could I forget? The cost won't break your pocketbook in the process!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love the WB for hunting but I would like to have a drop away for range or 3-D shooting. From my recent experience they have worn my vanes pretty bad (disclaimer: cheap vanes) and the whiskers are already showing wear, but like I said it is GREAT for hunting

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
best rest for hunting in my opinion..use a nice stiff vane like a bohning blazer or a vanetec and you'll have very little fletch problems..too many people use a soft or cheap vane and they get wrinkled or torn and they blame the biscuit..even feathers fly awesome out of it, but expect a little fraying at the ends..i'm not an anti drop away,but i do like to keep it as simple as possible in the woods so thats why i've shot the biscuit for the past 3 years with great results...good luck!!

·
Registered
13,881 Posts
Im Sold on it...Tonight as a matter of fact!!!!

:thumbs_up :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

I shot mine for the first time tonight at an indoor 3D archery...

I have to tell you that I was a little skeptical...I have been shooting a Trophy Taker...all summer...Won and placed in a couple of tourneys with it...

I lost a couple of tourneys with it also as when I was focusing on the target, I didnt put the arrow in the little arrow holder and BAM!!! A shot into the ground...

I kept thinking that if a big bull walks infront of me Im going to blow the shot....So I too was thinking about the WB...My man hood (ego) wouldnt let me do it until yesterday...I put it on and it paper tuned in about 3-4 shots...Took it out on base where I work as we have targets out to 60 yards...

Without sounding like Im bragging, Im pretty good out to 60 yards...So I said to my self Im going to give this thing a fair shot...No pun intended :tongue: I shot my first round at 20 and grouped every biy as good as the TT...Went out to 60 yards and :thumbs_up My accuracydid not suffer at all...I said wow, Im impressed and I dont have to worry about my arrow falling of the rest...

Went to the indoor 3D tonight and shot one of my highest scores with it...I was pin wheeling targets all night long...

Now Im a believer: No one can tell me that they are not as accurate as a drop away...

Im sold on it now...

Dont let your ego get in the way like I did...Get one and you wont be sorry

Tom

·
Registered
439 Posts
whiska biscuit

I have used one for the past couple of years and loved it. Some say it drains accuracy, but I haven't had that problem. I think your only concern is going to be the "warping" of your veins. But, if you put some armor all on your practice veins (not on your hunting arrows due to scent control) your veins will last at least through next season. Wihska Biscuits are the way to go for hunters.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I have used the Whisker Biscuit since they first came out and IMO it is the best hunting rest available! It is very easy to install and tune, is quiet on the draw and release, and above all very accurate (more accurate than most shooters).

I have been a bowhunter since 1949 and have tried many rest of all types and the new Wisker Biscuit QS with the B2 biscuit (brown) is the best I have ever used.

Now the con: Some people have had problems keeping the vanes on (more so on the old black biscuits) but it is usualy caused by poor vanes or bad fletching job.

The Whisker Biscuit should be set up so the arrow is at center shot, at 90* to the string and the biscuit parallel to the string.Take your time to make sure the rest is set up correctly, use reccomended vanes and you will not have any trouble. I use AAE Speed Flyte vanes but there are several that will work just do a search.

I have a post in the review forum you could check also.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I was very sceptical until they came out with the quick shot. What really sold me was that you don't lose your arrow from the rest. It something you don't have to worry about when there are other things you need to concentrate on. They don't even wear quickly. Love it and dought I will ever try anything else. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I have always been skeptical as well. Recently bought one and put it on my Pearson. I thought my bow was quite before. Its more quite now and accuracy is awesome! No fuss, no muss. Excellent rest. Just proves...don't judge a rest until you try it! Whisker Biscuit is A number 1, everything else is crap! Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I am not that big of a fan. I am partial to the fall away rest and maybe didn't give it enough of a chance....

I thought it did effect my accuracy when I shot w/ broadheads....And when I make the transisition alittle before season to start shooting my broadheads, the last thing I want to do is be tweaking with my bow to figure out what the problem is....

The only pro I think is the ability to not have to worry that your arrow isn't on your rest, etc...They defintely work for alot of people so it is personal preference....

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I also had a drop-away rest that I couldn't get right. I put the WB Deluxe on it and I'm very pleased. My accuracy is every bit as good out to 40 yards as it ever was. Make the change, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've never had anything else

All my friends say "Get a fall away" not me. The buscuit is awesome. It does warp veins, thats when I switched to feathers. Ain't had a problem since. Good Luck!

·
Wishin' I was in Montana
1,340 Posts
Just recently put the WB on my bow.
I was skeptical (like many) but once I got it tuned in (which was very easy) and saw how well my arrows flew, I started to believe.
And this may sound funny, but I'm much more confident when I'm shooting, because now I've got 1 less thing to think about while I'm zeroing in on my target!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whisker Biscuit Fix......

Remove the Whisker Biscuit from your bow.....
Take it with you to a large body of water, I.E. a lake, pond, etc..
Tie said rest to a large, heavy, non boyant object...
Throw in water.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Whisker

I've shot mine for about a year and a half now. It's the Full whisker with the G2 bisquit. EXCELLENT for hunting, useable for 3D also, I get killer groups with it. Shoots great out to 50 yards and beyond. :shade:

Definitely worth the $$$$ :smile:

~AK~

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Works

I shot a Quick Shot Biscuit last year on my LX and it shot very good no problems with it. I tried a Trophy Taker Fall away and a Muzzy Zero Effect on my Hoyt Ultratec this summer and they just made me worry more than anything a fall has too many failure points for me so I just went back to what works on my Hoyt and that the NAP 3000 Micro adj rest I didnt see any huge accuracy difference from my NAP to my Fall away.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.