Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if tip of the vanes on my arrows are supposed to be sitting slightly inside the bristles of the Whisker Biscuit???

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
GolfinHunter said:
Just wondering if tip of the vanes on my arrows are supposed to be sitting slightly inside the bristles of the Whisker Biscuit???

That would be best. Set the vanes back if you can. Blazers work best with Whisker Bisquits. You will need a tough vane, and Blazers work !!!

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bowhuntrrl said:
That would be best. Set the vanes back if you can. Blazers work best with Whisker Bisquits. You will need a tough vane, and Blazers work !!!
Okay. That is the way they are setting now. Not sure of the brand of vanes that I have but they are not feathers. Thanks again.

Chris

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
I found no difference in grouping and what not....I like 'em back a tad for easier loading..

I have had to pull mine back to allow the arrow to slide in .... 5 3/4" brace height bows bring about new challenges :wink:

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I mount mine so that the biscuit almost touches the riser, that way the vanes I use are also behind the biscuit.

Start with the arrow set at 90* to the string (not high as with other rests) the biscuit must also be 90* to the arrow making it parallel to the string and at true center shot for the bow.

After paper tuning you may find that the arrow needs to be nocked a little high about 3/32" if you do you will have to adjust the biscuit so it is at 90* to the arrow.

The arrow should fit very loose in the biscuit (you should be able to see light arrond the arrow when it is in the biscuit.

This should get you and accurate and noise free set up.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It's all got to do with your brace height. I have had mine set uo that way in the past and it was fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts