Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
If he wants it give it to him.. He will just see his fletchings get that rippled effect.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Whisker Biscuit

According to their website fletching orientation does not matter. I shoot a right helical with mine and have not experienced any rippling of the vanes.

Nice advice Redleg400, that is all I'll say about that.

·
Registered
621 Posts
It will work fine, the only thing we notice is sliltey more torn up vaines with helicals through a biscut

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have been putting on more biskets this year than past years. The only thing I notice is feathers don't last as long. They by no means get torn off, but they do show some wear.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is there a rest out there that perhaps combines an open rest with a whisker rest whereas the whisker could be removed when target shooting but put on when hunting? Just wondrin!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I've been shooting the whisker biscuit for 2 years with left helical bohning vanes and have had no trouble with fletching getting the ripple effect or tearing. I've never seen tougher fletching. I would suggest that anyone with a whisker biscuit use these vanes.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
it's not whether you have htem striaght or offset or helical. it;s a matter of getting them glued right and letting them do whatever you want of them.
if your wanting something to really give you free flight thru the whisker bisquit you might want to look a the turbo nocks
rob k

·
Registered
469 Posts
Whisker Biscuit and Fletching

All styles of fletching will work with the whisker biscuit. What is far more important is to have the correct spine arrows for the bow and to set up the rest and bow so that they can work together. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
In my opinion wiskers womp!

I don't know why anyone would shoot them. The whole point of a good arrow rest in arrow clearence but who are you going to get that if you have wiskers always hitting your fletch or vains?

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Re: In my opinion wiskers womp!

AJ008 said:
I don't know why anyone would shoot them. The whole point of a good arrow rest in arrow clearence but who are you going to get that if you have wiskers always hitting your fletch or vains?
actually i use the aluminum bisquit instead of the carbon bisquit as it makes the arrow clear all aroudn except to hold the arrow in place on the bottom part of the bisquit. and i am using the turbo nocks which actually lose nothing in the way of speed and it is very quiet and ready to go at all times
rob k

·
Registered
469 Posts
Why would anyone use a Whisker Biscuit?

The whisker biscuit arrowrest is the quietest rest I've ever used. Its accurate and it stays in tune. Its durable I've shot thousands of arrows through mine and it doesn't show any wear. Its simple you just bolt it on, set the biscuit parallel to the bowstring, nock the arrow at a 90degree angle to the bowstring with the bow at an even tiller and it shoots bulletholes. Thats not a bad place to start. With a moderate amount of effort this rest can produce incredibly tight groups repeatably and reliably in all types of hunting conditions. Isn't that the point of having a rest on the bow ? Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I dunno, the whole thing about loading one of those things seems like a pain. Im sticking with my Trophy Taker!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love the biscuit. One thing I found that made it better is to shoot the whisker biscuit for aluminum arrows even if your shooting carbons. You will get much less drag this way. I chronographed my arrow with the quick tune 1000 and got 288 fps. with the biscuit 286 fps.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Broke Down and Bought One

I finally broke down and bought a biscuit.. Man is it quiet..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts