Archery Talk Forum banner

Whisker Biscuit Users, what arrow?

942 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  CrossbowCiller
I like to experiment with the biscuit from time to time and I want to know what arrows you guys use with them. I have used the black gold tips with good results, but I need to know some other shafts that are quiet enough on the draw to use for hunting. They have to be very quiet...
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
Beman hunters and beman hawks work well for me. I just chronographed my Reezen 7.o 29 draw at 69 lbs 28 inch arrows 100 grain points and blazers. THe hawks shot 303 fps the ICS camo hunters with 100 grain tips blazers,wraps, and luminoks shot 292.

· Registered
8,488 Posts
The Trophy Ridge arrows were made for their WB. Besides that, they are the toughest and straightest arrows on the market at .0008. I love them.

· Registered
7,330 Posts
From the Trophy Ridge website:

"Carbon arrows with a smooth finish are the quietest. Trophy Ridge arrows, with their Silent Slide™ Shaft Coating, are the quietest arrows through the Whisker Biscuit. Other carbon arrows will be noisy at first, but after shooting them many times, they become less noisy. You will find that even the noisiest arrows will become very quiet after several hundred shots."

More information on quieting down your arrows through the Biscuit:
http://www.trophyridge.com/tips-tricks/

· Registered
43 Posts
trophy ridge hands down

The Trophy Ridge arrows were made for their WB. Besides that, they are the toughest and straightest arrows on the market at .0008. I love them.
you failed to mention 20 dbs quieter through that rest, 27% better penetration then any other, super tough, first carbon arrow I have seen go 70 yards in a whitetails front shoulder and not break, number 1 selling arrow in my shop

· Registered
8,488 Posts
Tell me more about these Trophy Ridge arrows...I am intrigued. What do they weigh in a .400 spine? Where can I order some cut and fletched?
I have tested many of them and have decided to only use them as a hunting arrow. I fletch my own, but believe they come fletched with Predator vanes, which are very nice vanes. They remind me of the old Beman shafts; slim, thick walls and use an insert/outsert. I shoot the .300 spine and they weigh 11 gpi, tipped with a 150 gr Silver Flame XL. They are the straightest shaft, but also have excellent soine consistency. They group as well as the CT's, but are stronger and slimmer.

· Registered
7,330 Posts
Tell me more about these Trophy Ridge arrows...I am intrigued. What do they weigh in a .400 spine? Where can I order some cut and fletched?
It doesn't look like you can order them direct but here's where you can find a nearby dealer:
http://www.trophyridge.com/dealer-locator/ A lot of dealers showed up when I put my zip code in, including Gander Mountain. 400 spine is 8gpi.

This describes their arrows, and the link to their arrow chart is on this page:
http://www.trophyridge.com/arrows/

· Registered
8,488 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.