Archery Talk Forum banner

Whisker biscuit users

1293 Views 39 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  MidwestHunter098

Tried an older biscuit I had laying around to try and build a simplistic hunting rig. This keeps happening. These are vanetec vmax 3". Any ideas?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
2009 PSE bow madness xs
1,687 Posts
I have never had an issue with my biscuits like that before. I wonder if the hole in the biscuit is too small or maybe the glue wasn’t fully cured and dried. Just throwing out possible causes

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a medium biscuit with a .166 arrow. The vane base is so well bonded to the shaft that I have to scrape it off with a knife - it seems like something is slicing these vanes off.

· Registered
4,020 Posts
Ahh, no if you blow up the picture his base is all there.

Are you seeing any marks on the outer ring of the biscuit? Something may not be set up right- nock height, or center shot.

· Huntoholic
2,552 Posts
It's a medium biscuit with a .166 arrow. The vane base is so well bonded to the shaft that I have to scrape it off with a knife - it seems like something is slicing these vanes off.
I don't think B1 looked at the pic close enough, it looks like the base is still glued to the shaft and the rest of the fletching is just ripped off.

Is it the same fletching location every time? The biscuit I had used some stiffer bristles at the bottom and if I remember correctly you had to index so fletchings would not contact those bristles.

· Registered
1,057 Posts
I've been shooting w/b on my bows for a lot of years. I use a large hole and i wish you could still get the extra large ones. And i use the same Vantec vanes. On b/e outlaws. Never had them get sliced off like yours,

· Registered
16,127 Posts

Tried an older biscuit I had laying around to try and build a simplistic hunting rig. This keeps happening. These are vanetec vmax 3". Any ideas?
Could be your glue, maybe try some wraps. You don’t want any fletchings going through the black bristles on the bottom (I’m sure you know that)

I have never had arrows shed fletches with a WB, but those vane tecs may get wavy over time, that’s the style that eventually would get wavy

blazers stick well and work well in a biscuit.

· Registered
5,460 Posts

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The vane is still stuck very very well to the arrow shaft - its the vane itself that is sliced clean in half.

Could be your glue, maybe try some wraps. You don’t want any fletchings going through the black bristles on the bottom (I’m sure you know that)

I have never had arrows shed fletches with a WB, but those vane tecs may get wavy over time, that’s the style that eventually would get wavy

blazers stick well and work well in a biscuit.

· Registered
6,285 Posts
As for the Q is your Arrow Set with one Vane Straight Up different set up form other Rests as the "cock" Vane to the Side. But could be several things, as mentioned old Vane that were like when the CAP WB Came out Not Durable enough to pass thru the soft part of the Disc. As When I first Started using the CAP WB some vanes curled over after a few shots. Most Vane Makers switch to something more Durable Materials. How Old are These vanes? is the Arrow parallel Level to the berger hole or is it tilted? Is there contact with the Disc's outter Ring? Many things to Check. Even Buying a Replace Biscuit and see if It makes a Difference. Maybe just a Bad Biscuit?

You Might be Able to Still Get the XL Biscuit though not sold by any "Archery Shops" or a Dealer. Trophy Ridge Dropped It soon after they took Over that Rest! But BEar is the ParentCompoany over Trophy Ridge but Escalde Sports owns Bear & TR.Bear is out of Florida and I was able to purchase the XL Bisbuit several years ago dirct from them. Being they Still offer Replacement Biscuits just not the XL They Should still have the Die to Cut the Hole Size for the XL if they still can Cut the Small, Medium & Large Holes! You might call and ask them worth a Call (800) 694-9494 I bought several after finding a couple from then Dealers Only used 2 of the few I have gotten from Bear still have a few for my ARchery Bow Hunting!
Someone once here at AT worked at Bear and PM me back then and advised you could still get them. Can't say they still have them but if you are Looking toll free call.
LFM

1 - 20 of 40 Posts