Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new Whisker Biscuit on my bow and can't get it to paper tune at 6-10 ft. The tip of the arrow looks to be hitting high and left of where the fletching does. The bow shoots great at 20-40 yards though. I set the rest up the same way as my Bodoodle and that always paper tuned good. I have the arrow right in line with the center of the bow approximately 27/32nds. of an inch and my nocking point is about 1/8" above center, although it is hard to measure with my square on the Biscuit. I would appreciate any help, or maybe this is a common problem. I haven't tried a broadhead yet. I'm shooting Bema ICS Hunter 400's out of a Ben Pearson single cam Anaconda. I have a 28" arrow, 27" draw, and shoot 61#. I'm shooting a "D" loop with a "Short and Sweet" release. I can post pictures also.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
I have been shooting the WB for the last three years and love the rest. However, I have never been able to get a good paper tune. High left is standard for me also. I set the arrow level make sure the right left is true and let it go. My arrow hit great out to 60 yards so I just don't worry about the paper tune. i haveheard others have been able to tune.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the trick in being able to get your broadheads to hit where your field points do? I'm not over 1/16th inch high on my nocking point and I've played around with the horizontal adjustment, but I can't get the thing to hit right. I'm a good 5" to the left at 25 yards or so with my broadhead. My other rest my broadhead hit pretty close to my fieldpoint.

·
NAASP
15,221 Posts
Wb

Get her as close to a slight high tear and then walk back / group tune.

I switched my QS drop to a deluxe so I could get the extra elevation adjustment. Just a thought.

For me a perfect tear isn't important. I rarely shoot over 40 yards. I would go to paper tune if I was having alot of issues group tuning. Paper can drive a sane man crazy.

Good luck!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike Ryan said:
Get her as close to a slight high tear and then walk back / group tune.

I switched my QS drop to a deluxe so I could get the extra elevation adjustment. Just a thought.
I have the deluxe rest. I threw the Bodoodle back on and shot 3 perfect bullet holes and my broadheads are real close to my field tips. I can shoot a bare shaft in the bullseye at 20 yards. I might just stay with that rest.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The biscuit always seems to give odd paper tears for me. I've given up on shooting through paper with this rest and just head to the target to get mine set up.

I shoot 20-40 yards & make left/right adjustments to the rest until all of my arrows are hitting the same vertical line. They may not be hitting where my pins are at, but if you're hitting the same vertical line from all distances then you're center shot is good. You can now adjust your sights accordingly.

I've also found that the biscuit seems to like the arrow at 90 degrees to the string. This seems to make sense because you want the arrow to push straight through the whiskers. This rest doesn't have steel or spring tension to push against as you would with other rests and a nock high setup.

After I get my vertical & horizontal adjustments close then I take the time to group tune & make whatever fine adjustments seem to be needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.