Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the whisker biscuit a good rest?? I was thiunking of getting one but is it worth it or not.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Matt - do a search on whisker and read the other thread(s). I really like mine - sure does keep the arrow in line as it won't fall off!!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Listen to papabear,, i've had one since last year...its great while stalking...arrow defintely stays in place!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Get you one son.............it is worth it........dam% near a must if you are on the ground with heavy cover.......;)

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I have been bow hunting for 52 years and tried a lot of rest, the Whisker Biscuit is the best hunting rest I have tried. The new Quick Shot looks even better (I just install the addapter on my original but haven't used it yet).

If you get a WB change your fletching to AAE Speed Flyte Vanes, other vanes just do not hold up, seems the heat up going through the bisquit and warp, I have several hundred shoots on each of my arrows with the AAE vanes and all look great except the two I hit.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The Whisker Biscuit Is a Great Arrowrest

I've gone through a slew of arrowrests in the last twentyeight years of shooting compound bows and the whisker biscuit is the only rest that has never bent, broken, gotten out of tune, or dropped an arrow off the bow. If you are going to hunt with your bow you should definately put a whisker biscuit on it. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Mattc,

I had one last year, and thought that it was a great rest. I probably would still be using one if it did not tear up the fletchings so bad, and the actual biscuit needs to be replaced every so often. I have friends that still use them, and they love them. I was having to replace my biscuit about every 2 1/2 months from shooting. If you shoot a whole lot you will have to replace them, but if you do not it should last you the hunting season. I do think that they probably are one of the better "hunting rest" out there. I know use a Bodoodle Game Dropper, and like it better!:D

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
matt about as long a three months ago i would of said don't get it but even old dogs learn new tricks. the new qs whisker bisquit iss going to help you out a lot in the long run. what i have done is get the aluminum bisquit instead of the carbon and i shoot carbons out of it and i have lost no speed or have any issues with the wb causing any problems at all. i also shoot the turbo nock hunters and when i shot them i lose absolutely no speed or accuracy as some would think. i guess whati am trying to say is if your wanting it for a hunting bow you can't go wrong and it can be tuned to shoot bullet holes in paper also as mine will shoot bullet holes out to 10 yards which let me know that my arrow and bow are tuned togehter. good luck
rob k

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I'm trying to get a hold of one of these, I hope I can find one to try for a few days. If I do I will let you know what I think about it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
matsicon said:
Mattc, I was having to replace my biscuit about every 2 1/2 months from shooting.
I wonder why your experience is so different from mine. I have a biscuit with well over 50,000 shots through it, and it's still going strong. Not only that, but I trimmed about 1/2 the bristles from it, at the beginning of using it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
This is my 3rd year on the whisker biscuit.My only complaint is I should have found it sooner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been shooting abow for 5 years tryed 4 differnt rests. they are the best so far . I ground hunt in heavy bush and open ground and they are strong and acurate. If you have problems with flights coming off try a drop of glue on the front of the flight and make sure you clean the surfaces properly. worth buying top product

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
THEY ARE JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get a Trophy Taker!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
They are the rage and I don't even have one, yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
AJ008, If they are junk then why have they been selling like hotcakes since they were introduced? Mattc, I also wondered about them then I took the plunge and bought one and have not regretted it. It is an awesome hunting rest, accurate too. The only adjustment I made was to change to Bohning vanes as the rest did chew up my other ones. The Bohning vanes are holding up flawlessly. Give one a try, I think you'll like it.

·
When's bow season start?
8,864 Posts
Junk?

Well, if the WB is junk, then I must be Fred Sanford ( S-A-N-F-O-R-D...period ), because I love this junk. Accurate, quiet, pretty much indestructible (especially the new Quick Shot) and that arrow ain't comin' off unless I shoot it, or unnock it and pull it off. I'm puttin' 100 grain Steelforce Premiums into 4" @ 50 yards. Like I said, I LOVE this junk!

Brian

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
like i said until a few months ago i wouldn't even look at one but being i tinker a lot i had to see what was so special and i found out you can actually tune them and the new quickshot is right on. now i know why they are one of the top sellers, there are some things to work out like using an aluminum bisquit on carbons and to alminums then do a little trimming and start shooting. great rest and you see why several of the top pro hunters use them. i guess i do have to eat crow on this one for sure carolina archery did a great job and figured out simple means winner. i still like my tko for my target set up but the wb stays on my hunting set up
rob k

1 - 20 of 27 Posts