Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was jsut wondering what are ppl's opinions towards the Whisker Biscuit. Are you for it or againist it?

·
Registered
644 Posts
You will love them. Easy to use, tune and veryaccurate. Probably the best hunting rest out there! Matt

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
They suck! Just by lookin at them i can tell it takes the whole point out of a good rest!!!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Obviously you've missed the point then. They were designed so that the arrow wouldn't fall off of a hunters rest. Perfect for stalking.

They paper tune easily, they shoot dead nuts groups and are perfect for their purpose. Hunting!

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
They work, plain and simple. Do a search by hitting the search button at the top of the page.

90% of the nay sayers have never shot one. I shot this group using a WB at 40 yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
they work and will do a great job for new to expert hunters. still mone of the top sellers out there and the new qs bisquit will make a lot of other people i believe go to them for a hunting rest.
rob k

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Nah, this is actually innovative.:)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
As a small archery pro shop owner I have sold several for hunters. I keep getting positive feedback. I do know that they setup easy and you get bullet holes right from the start. So I put one on my own hunting bow the new easy load WB, so far in three weeks I have got 2 robinhoods on the practice range. I am very happy with the rest and how it functions. It may take up to 10 fps off the bow speed but you will do that with any containment rest.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I love mine and I only lost 1 fps. I tried a couple of drop aways but if you want the ultiamte hunting rest go with the Whisker Biscuit.

·
Registered
984 Posts
This is my third hunting season with the whisker biscuit, and I am extremely pleased with it. I have mine modified, so I lose no speed at all, with it. It does a fantastic job at keeping you arrow ready at all times, and I shoot groups as good with this rest, as with any other rest I've ever used. I think what I like best, is that the arrrow never makes any noise when in contact with the bristles. Knock you arrow against a tree limb and the bristles cushion it, so that no noise is heard. It absolutely excels at doing what it was designed to do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It is a good rest. Great for hunting, I used one for several years before switching to a fall away, I am a little more accurate at longer distances with the drop zone but I have nothing bad to say about the biscuit. I put mine on my 8yr olds bow. Perfect for kids!

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
AJ008,

Man, what is your problem? You should be lucky we have so many excellent choices in hunting rests. Shoot whatever you want, but don't insult the company's ingenuity.

BTW, I don't shoot a WB but I would in a heart beat. Know alot of people who do and they shoot VERY well. They are a great rest, I just can't part with my NAP Quicktune 1000 Pro. :)

·
Say What?
1,906 Posts
Love it!!!

I too was skeptical about the WB. Well after several years of fighting it I bought one for my hunting bow. Let me tell you that it has saved me twice this year all ready. My binoculars hit my nock when I was getting setup and pushed the arrow off the string. The WB held the arrow and it didn't fall to the ground. Then last night I was trying to get turned on a deer and the broadhead hit a small tree right next to me. If I was using a regular rest the arrow would have fallen off but not with the WB.

I killed my first deer with the WB last night. It was a nice doe.

I will always hunt with a WB from now on.

Great Hunting Rest!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like a Whisper Biscuit for big game hunting like elk and moose in my opinion is the best rest for the job. After that season is over I put on Trophy Taker drop away. I find the Whisper Biscuit a little noisy when you draw back for hunting deer.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Accuracy is the big question with the Whisker Biscuit!

This last weekend I shot a 40 target 3D course and had 21 X's with my Whisker Biscuit. As Meleagris stated...The only ones who say they suck are people who have never tried it. In other words, their opinions mean nothing in this discussion.

But in their defense, in theory, the rest should not be very good. 360 degrees of contact the entire length of the arrow SHOULD not be a good thing. But when you try the Whisker Biscuit, you will see just how good it is. Your are then forced to draw new conclusions to your theories once you witness the effectiveness and consistancy of the WB. After using a Whisker Biscuit, I now am questioning the true purpose/advantage of drop-away rests.:confused:

As I tell all the naysayers...You don't have to believe it, you just have to try it!

·
Registered
469 Posts
To put it simply, the whisker biscuit works! Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Re: Love it!!!

hoyt280 said:
I too was skeptical about the WB. Well after several years of fighting it I bought one for my hunting bow. Let me tell you that it has saved me twice this year all ready. My binoculars hit my nock when I was getting setup and pushed the arrow off the string. The WB held the arrow and it didn't fall to the ground. Then last night I was trying to get turned on a deer and the broadhead hit a small tree right next to me. If I was using a regular rest the arrow would have fallen off but not with the WB.

I killed my first deer with the WB last night. It was a nice doe.

I will always hunt with a WB from now on.

Great Hunting Rest!

hey hoyt congrats on the first deer of the year with the whisker bisquit and continued success for the year
rob k

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I don't have one but have some questions. What kind of tuneability does it have besides vertical and horizontal adjustments? I recently bought a new AR and tuned it to where it was shooting perfect through the paper only to have my broadheads about 3in low at 30 yards. It was an easy fix with a little spring tension added to the rest. Does it have that capability?

Kris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts