Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to archery and want to know what the pros and cons of the whisker Biscuit arrow rest. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2,099 Posts
I shot em for years, there is nothing wrong with them at all, I found that with the faster bows it seemed like they were hard on my arrow fletchings. I have went to a drop away rest now for really no particular reason I guess a fad.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a whisker bisquit and I know allot guys that’s all they will shoot.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Pro- Stupid simple.
Con- can be harder to tune with. Most are not very adjustable unless you get an older Carolina Archery one that can move a little more. Should have never sold mine.

Also, make sure your fletchings are not hitting the black fibers on the bottom. They are stiffer and will eat fletchings up.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Pros- very simple and effective. Full containment of your arrow. Low price.
Cons- can be tricky to tune on some bows. The most common and cheapest ones only have windage adjustment. Limited on Fletching options. A heavy helical or more than 3 fletch can cause issues.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Pros - they're the only fail proof arrow rest - I always carry one as a backup - and BTW they are the easiest rest to tune and get a bullet hole - providing the shooter does his part or part thereof....I've also shot 4 fletches with helical no problem - just ensure your fletchers always span the black bristles as they are stiffer - there are no cons with the WB - and at one stage they were the most widely sold arrow rest...maybe they still are?

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
A lot of great points, I feel that the fletching is more important with the WB, Blazers seem to work well. I shot feathers for hunting for years, they do tend to eat the feathers up after a while, but not a show stopper. I had all my kids shooting them because I felt they were the safest at the time for kids (a lot more options now). The worst thing about them is that the arrow stays in contact for the entire length of the arrow traveling through the rest and any movement from your bow hand will negatively effect accuracy. This can be overcome with good form! A great simple rest for bow hunting for someone that desires simplicity!

·
Registered
27 Posts
cons: increases arrow drag, reduces fletching configuration options, sometimes leads to tuning issues, need replace after awhile

Pros: easy to use, captures the arrows well allowing for lots of mobility, cheap.

IMO you cannot go wrong with a drop away rest, they are more money but they are worth it, you'll see it on the range.

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
For hunting I love them. I've used about every rest you can think of and I have biscuits on both my hunting rigs. I was a diehard QAD fan for several years but bought a new bow late a two years ago and threw a biscuit on and worked great. For my hunting they are hard to beat. I would suggest a good stiff vane like blazers though. Some make fun of them because they aren't the latest and greatest drop away but don't let that stop you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,033 Posts
Best hunting rest made....arrow is contained, easy to tune, and simple.

Cons.....slows the arrow down slightly, could limit some shooters on vane configurations

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Cons.....slows the arrow down slightly, could limit some shooters on vane configurations
I have seen no evidence that it slows the arrow down sufficient to warrant any concern - and what vane configuration are you referring to ?

·
Registered
439 Posts
have used them for years and they are fantastic on my 70 pound bows. i bought a 50 pound z3 a couple months ago to use as a late season cold weather bow and me and the guys at the shop could not get any arrow to shoot out of a biscuit. even got some new limbs from mathews because they thought it could be a balance issue with the limbs shot the same with new set of limbs. anyway, put a drop away on it and it tuned in just a couple shots and shoots perfect. i am guessing the low poundage was causing some fletching drag of some sort.

·
Guipago
3,090 Posts
all pros
no cons

1 - 13 of 13 Posts