Archery Talk Forum banner

whisker biscuit

570 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Lawnfella
hey i was going to try a whisker biscuit for the first time i do shoot feathers anyone know how this would work thanks mike
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
If you are only going to shoot it for hunting then you should be OK. Wisker biscuits are rough on feathers as well as vanes if you shoot a ton.

· Registered
10 Posts
I put a whisker biscuit on my bow about 3 yrs ago. Its the greatest thing ever. The arrow never falls out of the rest and its quite . Friends of mine still shoot drop away style rests and even when we're out shooting in the off season, I'm always waiting for them to put their arrow back in place.
As far as installing it fairly simple. Be sure to have the black whiskers on the bottom their a little stiffer thats what supports the arrow shaft. Shoot cock feather up. I never shot feathers through it but I do know one or two guys that have and I haven't heard them complain about it. I've had great luck using 2" blazer vanes.
Good Luck

· Registered
589 Posts
I had a WB on my bow and shot only feathers on it. It shot awesome, with no problems at all. in fact, i went to feathers specifically for this rest. I was having problems with regular vanes not holding up. I had more problems shooting my own feathers (with other arrows) than them going through the wb. the good thing about feathers is that they can colapse and rebound. great combo

· BuckWheat
719 Posts
Feathers will fly great out of a biscut. They will get a little beat up quicker than vanes will, but like they say the feathers can take a beating and still fly well.

· Registered
960 Posts
Feathers work better than vanes out of a biscuit in my opinion. They will get a little beat up after a lot of shots but they still fly great. Gives me a reason to re-fletch every now and then:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.