Archery Talk Forum banner

Whisker Biscuit's gone for good!!!! YAAAAY!

948 Views 20 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  three under
My girlfriend swore up and down that the Whisker Biscuit didn't affect her accuracy. Wrong. Cause when i shot the bow it shot just fine. Got her a QAD LD on here pink Spitfire today and she was shooting like a pro. I can no longer get frustrated with her. :rolleyes:

Now she has no excusses for why she misses. Right.:wink:

Sorry for the rant i just wanted to tell someone else cause shes tired of me telling her "I told you so".
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,616 Posts
It is a good sign that you can talk openly about difficult topics this early in your relationship. Many couples have a hard time dealing with whisker biscuit issues without seeking professional help:zip:

· Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the WB is probably the most care free easiest to set up bullet proof rest out there.
Yeah you are right BUT if you have any flaw in your form it will show up on the target. That was the problem with my girl. (Form)

· Registered
25,353 Posts
good. i love my qad. it is amazing. get a sims drop pad and ur set.

· Registered
2,906 Posts
I had the QAD and it didn't always drop, which will really affect accuracy.

· Get out and shoot!
3,807 Posts
I have tried many rests over the years. I got bit by the drop away craze. I tried a ripcord, trophy taker, gold key, and a Qad. They all worked fine but did zero in effect of accuracy. If your torquing the bow it effect the arrow no matter what rest you have. They are all noisey at the shot and I hate having another string to worry about. People are nieve in thinking a droper is going to solve bad form. I chrono'ed my bow with the Wb and Ripcord, and I tuned them both in before, and the difference was maybe 1 or 2 fps but the variance from shot to shot is more than that so it basicly immeasurable. Wb bashers are just opinionated. They like thiers, and everyone needs to be like me. Teach her to hold everything still until the arrow hits and coach her grip and she will shoot good no matter what rest she has. My 9yr old shoots a slow 30lb bow and can hold a 6-7" group at 30yds. When I took the QAD off my bow he wanted to try it. I thought it would be a good experament. His groups were the same. Theres probably more WBs in the deer woods than all drops combined....why? They simply work and work simply. If your shooting indoors all the time then I'd suggest a dropper. I think the only advantage would be they won't where out your fletching.

· Banned
492 Posts
100 gr.3 blade Muzzy. 50yd., right in the dookie(3 in. spot). 40 yd., dookie. 30 yd., dookie(2 in. spot), 20yd. 1 1/2-2" high(1 in. spot). Next year I may try a Ripcord , but right now I have no problem with a WB. I just need to get some venison in front of the pins.

· Registered
5,880 Posts
100 gr.3 blade Muzzy. 50yd., right in the dookie(3 in. spot). 40 yd., dookie. 30 yd., dookie(2 in. spot), 20yd. 1 1/2-2" high(1 in. spot). Next year I may try a Ripcord , but right now I have no problem with a WB. I just need to get some venison in front of the pins.
Me too:thumbs_up

· Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hated the friggen bisket, tell her good job for trashing that thing.
Im glad someone sees reality.:rolleyes:

I know it was the WB shes been to three different archery shops and all of them said she was torqueing the bow and that the WB is holding the arrow the whole time throughout the release of the arrow.

I personaly am not downing the WB but its not my taste.

I couldnt belive how the accuracy improved once the WB was gone. :darkbeer:

· Registered
83 Posts
Im glad someone sees reality.:rolleyes:

I know it was the WB shes been to three different archery shops and all of them said she was torqueing the bow and that the WB is holding the arrow the whole time throughout the release of the arrow.

I personaly am not downing the WB but its not my taste.

I couldnt belive how the accuracy improved once the WB was gone. :darkbeer:
This is what my results were as well. My groups shrank immediately. I got my first robin hood within days of getting my QAD.

· Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shes got pink fletchings.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.