Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: What is the correct way to shoot with a whisker bisket. Do you knock the arrow with the off color fletching down or up.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Advice

I shoot with the cock feather up,slightly off center.
this gives me good clearence,all around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GruBBworM said:
doesn't matter long as you have no fletchings going through the black area of the WB
you cannot have the fletching pass through the black :rock-on:
this will be my third year archery and the past two didnt really see any kind of signs shooting thru the black except that my practice arrows fletchings were tearing away from the shaft. just a month ago i went to the range and the owner told me to shoot thru the brown whiskers. so i took his advice but i still dont see any kind of comparison.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
wildchild 22 said:
this will be my third year archery and the past two didnt really see any kind of signs shooting thru the black except that my practice arrows fletchings were tearing away from the shaft. just a month ago i went to the range and the owner told me to shoot thru the brown whiskers. so i took his advice but i still dont see any kind of comparison.

Interesting you know I never have tryed to shoot it through th black I was told not to so I didn't heh maybe I should try it see what happens and it may very well be no difference with the exception of tearing up fletchings but I would think if you were to shoot through the black alot it would change the height of your arrow because of the breakdown of the whiskers so that in itself may be why you shouldn't shoot through the black to just ensure you have same arrow rest height everytime
Jon

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
GruBBworM said:
doesn't matter long as you have no fletchings going through the black area of the WB
you cannot have the fletching pass through the black :rock-on:
That's what matters:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i took my bow in for a new string after two years of hunting and practiceing and when i went to pick the bow up the man told me to shoot a few and then he noticed i was shooting thru the black he told me that was the wrong way because the bristles were harder then the brown so i started practiceing thru the brown but like i said i dont notice any change in arrow flight or speed.:confused2: :confused2: :behindsof :decision: :decision: :decision: :decision:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thank you all for your advice and i will start shooting with the cock vane up. u all been very helpful. good luck all and god bless happy hunting.:)

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
When the whisker biscuit first came out all the bristles were black.At that time it didn't matter which way you orientated the vanes of your arrows because the bristles were all the same.With the new style biscuits you have some bristles brown,some black,The ones that are black on the bottom, are a little stiffer than the brown and are meant to support your arrow.The reason for the change to the brown,was because some people were experiencing fletching wear on cheap fletching-waviness,and tearing.Although you may not have a difference in arrow flight or speed shooting through the black bristles,I guarentee after shooting through them awhile,the vane or feather passing through the black bristles will show sign's of wear.Avoid the possibility of this happening and shoot cock vane up,or as others have stated,make sure none of your fletching pass through the black bristles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts