Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Turbo nocks and Whisker Biscuit...

go to the turbo nock website...there is a ton of info on this...I tried the same set up back in 2003 and gave up.

I just tried out Turbo Nocks and a Muzzy Zero Effect Rest....

Ever heard the saying "Where it was dark now there is light "...or whatever...

I can't tell you how much I like this setup...!

·
Get out and shoot!
3,798 Posts
zermatt7 said:
go to the turbo nock website...there is a ton of info on this...I tried the same set up back in 2003 and gave up.

I just tried out Turbo Nocks and a Muzzy Zero Effect Rest....

Ever heard the saying "Where it was dark now there is light "...or whatever...

I can't tell you how much I like this setup...!
I like the idea of the turbo nocks but what happens when they whack a deer? Won't they either get pulled out or slow the arrow while trying to pass through?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I shoot the dead x turbo's with a whisker bisquit. They shoot fine. When the turbo's hit a deer, if they are not glued on they will pop off. This is a good thing. It let's you know exactly where the deer was standing.
Ben

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
We have had a ton of these "what if you whack a deer" questions in the past. If you use fletchtite glue to glue in the nock it will indeed do a complete pass thru. Nick Snook had a photo of a deer's heart that the Turbo Nock was buried dead center in the heart.
If you do not glue in the nock they will often times pop off when the contact the deer leaving you a
marker where the deer had been standing. Or they will continue right through the deer with the arrow.

There have been lots of people take game in the US, Canada and also Africa with Turbo Nocked arrows. Most reported complete pass throughs.

I have killed a good many coyotes with my Turbo Nocked arrows all the way out to 51 yards and I have always had complete pass throughs.

To often we as archers try to over analyze things instead of trying them and accepting the results.

The Whisker Biskit and the Turbo Nock are an awesome combination.

The thing to remember is that you absolutely need to make sure the center shot on the bow is perfect.

You also need to make sure that the nock height is fine tuned. Start with it about 1/8" high and fine tune from there.

Make sure that your arrow hides the Berger hole to insure that your arrow will fly properly.

Then it is all down to fine tuning everything until the bow is perfectly tuned to your arrows.

It takes a little while and a lot of effort to adjust everything so that your Turbo Nocks will guide your arrow on it's way to the target, but it is well worth it!

Dick

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
My Turbo Nocks on my target arrows:

Dick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts