Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a stalk on a antelope this morning which required me to belly crawl for about 150 yards. Did'nt get the goat but noticed when I drew back on another one that my arrow was making an awful noise in the WB. Got home and drew it back a few more times, still making the noise. Is there anything I can do to get it back to normal? Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have noticed that mine makes noise with the camo arrows such as the camo wrapped Carbon Express or the Gold Tip XT Hunters. With the Carbon Express CX 400 there is no noise. Ask the 200 lb black bear that I drew on at 30 ft last Tuesday evening in Ontario ,Canada. No , I guess you can't as he didn't hear me draw !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
What Beeg has stated is what I have heard... You would think that Black Carbon Arrows would be noise because they have a rough exterior while the camo ones seem to be smoother but not when used with the WB rest. When I shoot a BoDoodle with teflon tape on the speed fins the black carbon arrows wear holes through very quickly but the camo carbons don't as fast.

I am setting up a WB on one of my bows but still working on some fletchings on some arrows to see which ones work without getting the wrinkled look. I have Duravanes on some already, feathers on some and putting on some of the Bohning Killer Vanes being they are made from the same material as the Blazers are...

Hope you learn what is causing the noise... And get your Antelope!!!

LFM

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is definitely a noise difference with different arrows. PSE arrows are considerably louder than some of my Carbon Express arrows. However, the gold standard (for me) of quietness in the WB are Beman ICS shafts. I've used Beman ICS arrows exclusively for hunting, and they are virtually silent.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Smooth black carbons dont make any noise

camo arrows tend to make more sounds

The Black Maxx is dead silent

I have drawn on game 10 feet away with black Axis with NO PROBLEMS

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts