Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that when one shoots a whisker over 30 yds that it affect the arrows accuracy. Any comments .

·
7,984 Posts
I shoot further with mine on my hunting rig.....a friend here at work consistently shoots 60 yards thru his WB....daily...and holds a pretty nice group.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I shot this group with my hunting rig, which has a wisker biscuit on it. 50 yards, 5 out of 6 arrows in a tennis ball. That's pretty accurate in my book.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Your drop away users will find any fault in the WB that they can. The truth is that they have practically no affect on speed and are accurate to 50+ yards. I've been hunting for 25 years and in my opinion it's the best hunting rest made.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
i haven't encountered any loss of accuracy in longer distance shots

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
steadyeddie said:
I have heard that when one shoots a whisker over 30 yds that it affect the arrows accuracy. Any comments .
I'm shooting softball sized groups at 60 yards with my Tribute using the Whisker Biscuit.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
If it's accurate at 30, it's accurate at 50, 60, and 70. People who make this kind of claim are announcing their ignorance to you.

Best Regards,
Byron :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm using a WB on my new Trykon, and am consistantly shooting 4" groups at 50 yards. It is a great rest, and has no affect on arrow accuracy, and very little on speed! Best hunting rest on the market in my book.

·
Have bow will travel
823 Posts
The WB is a great rest. I am a hybred, I shoot a TT and a WB depending on the bow and mood. Both are more accurate than I am, I shoot the same group size out of both out to 60 yards.

C

·
0 Posts
Below are two pictures from 40 yards out. i was only using a 20 yard pin and guestimating where my 40 yard shot placement would be. i am able to hit it roughly 3 out of 10 times without the pin. i would assume i would be able to hit the same place 7 out of 10 once i have my pin sighted in.

Problems with accuracy with the biscuit? i personally dont think it's an issue.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Just set up my new Switchabck XT with the WB QS deluxe w/ b2 biscut. I sighted-in out to 60 yards and then was hitting a 100 yard 18"x18" bag target consistantly in near its center.
Id say they are accurate rests. JMO

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
I shoot one and love it.
I think you do have to pay attention to your form more though. The loger the distance the more critical your form is, but that's with any rest (I still think it's more critical with the W.B. though)
I shot a half round of field at 253 with it over the summer (First time I ever shot field archery).

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
My groups at 60 m (66 yards) are the same as they are at 30 yards so it doesn't seem to affect me.

·
Registered
782 Posts
buckfeverben said:
I shot this group with my hunting rig, which has a wisker biscuit on it. 50 yards, 5 out of 6 arrows in a tennis ball. That's pretty accurate in my book.
A picture is worth 1000 words.
Enough said!!! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Byron said:
If it's accurate at 30, it's accurate at 50, 60, and 70. People who make this kind of claim are announcing their ignorance to you.

Best Regards,
Byron :)
I agree! Once the arrow has gone 30 yards how in blazes is what rest it was shot out of going to make any difference? I hear this most from dropaway enthusiasts and I'm not sure if it is ignorance or if they just want someone else to suffer with being all tied up.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I shoot the WB on my Tribute and have a serious accuracy problem.

But I finally figured out the problem is my shooting ability. It's the same whatever rest I'm using.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I switched from the Biscuit to the Ripcord this year on my Tribute. Last year the Biscuit was very accurate on my Mighty Mite and I was fine out to 45 yards with it. I just couldnt get it to shoot that great on my Tribute.

·
Colorblind blood trailer
2,566 Posts
steadyeddie said:
Over 30 yards the only thing affecting accuracy is wind or obstacles. Both of those can be found in abundance in the shooters telling you the above. :wink:

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
WB past 30 yards

I think there's some confusion about what is meant when someone says the wisker biscuit isn't good beyond 30 yards....

Almost any rest will produce precise repeatable results...if a human wasn't using it....but the simple fact is that the wisker biscuit (as simple as it is) actually requires BETTER form and follow through than a drop away rest...it's in contact with the arrow right up until the nock passes through it....so any last minute hand torque or drop is going to hurt you....

But for anyone that can shoot and hit a tennis ball 5/6 times at 50 yards (nice group by the way!) chances are your form is already good enough that you just can't tell a difference....for those people a simple robust rest (like the WB) that doesn't have anything to fail in the field is the much more obvious choice....

If you don't get good results 100% of the time with a WB, then you'll likely notice an improvement with a properly set up drop away rest....BUT then you have to accept the fact that your rest is frankly more likely to fail in the field...better be prepared to fix it and retime it.

I've got a bow with a WB and one with a Ripcord....I like them both and shoot regularly out to 60 yards producing 6" groups on average at that range.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts