Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just purchased and installed a Whisker Bisquit Deluxe.
Just a couple questions.....
(1) Should my arrow be perfectly parallel with the ground when it is knocked, or on a slight angle?
(2) Assuming I need to achieve parallel...... If I adjust the bisquit to its highest setting, and cannot achieve parallel, should I change my knocking point, or should I angle the bisquit?
Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am certainly no expert, but my arrow nocks slightly higher than level. You may already know this but I didn't, until tonite, the fletchings a supposed to be turned so they straddle the black bristles.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
The arrow, should be 90 degrees to your string or slightly higher. The exact location will depend on how it shoots, nock high or nock low. Or if your lucky, (I never am) you'll hit the sweet spot on your first try. you'll also want to square the face of the biscuit with the arrow. There should be a slight gap in the hole of the rest above the arrow shaft. Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
start by setting the biscuit so the hole is parallell with the berger button hole in your riser. Then move your nock so the arrow is square with the string or slightly nock high. That should be a good starting point.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Make sure that the bisquit is perfectly 90 degrees relative to your arrow and then shoot it through paper. That will tell you how to fine tune it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.
"Nock high" would mean that the arrow is slightly angled on a decline from the string to the bisquit, correct?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mako22 said:
Thanks everyone.
"Nock high" would mean that the arrow is slightly angled on a decline from the string to the bisquit, correct?
Correct. The nock end is "high" as compared to perfectly square with the string.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Guy setting up my bow today has the deluxe bisquit and knok point slightly higher than the button hole on my riser it shoots so good I hate to move it.

Will it make other problems?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I am nock high, but more than just "slightly." I think it is best that I change my nock point.

1)Should I make it level, or is there an advantage to being slightly nock high?
2) Should I use a regular nock or a speed nock with peep aligner?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the deluxe whisker biscuit and after alot of paper and walk back tuning ended up 3/8" nock high.You are going to have to do some testing to get it right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I just dropped the knock down some, so that the arrow is level and the WB can be adjusted either up/down while I'm testing it.

Quick question-I have a double knock, the arrow fits between them and my release goes under the lowest knock. How much space needs to be between the bottom of the arrow and the nock?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
To avoid nock pinch you'll want about 1/16" between the bottom of your nock and your bottom nock set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts