Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i had a whisker buiscuit before they came out with the softer bristles and didnt like it cause they tore my vanes up really good and quick too. is the new ones with the softer bristles any diferent i really liked my old one but got too expensive and got a drop away rest and dont like it because in the tree if its a close shot the arrow wont stay on the prongs do u recommend the new ones?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I never had an old one. I just switched from a drop away to the Deluxe WB last week. So far I am very impressed and I have put hundreds of shots through it with no problems. I'm using Blazer vanes with no rippling or damage at all.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I had the old Whisker Biscuit and had no trouble with torn vanes, I think it has to do with the type of vane and the quality of the the fletching job. I'm now using the new B2 biscuit with the QS feature.

I have always used AAE Speed Flyte vanes and after fletching added a drop of glue at the leading edge (point) of fletching.

The new (brown & black) should stop any vane tears you had with the old biscuit..

·
32,712 Posts
birddog1 said:
I never had an old one. I just switched from a drop away to the Deluxe WB last week. So far I am very impressed and I have put hundreds of shots through it with no problems. I'm using Blazer vanes with no rippling or damage at all.
I think he has the answer to your problem. I have the Deluxe also and it is vane and feather friendly. Blazers aren't bothered at all with this rest.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm still using an all black (pre B2) WB. VaneTec vanes work great through it so they should do at least as well through the B2.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whisker Biscuit fix

Ok, here's how to fix your whisker biscuit......
Remove the biscuit from your bow....
Place it under the tire of a large piece of earth moving equipment such as a bulldozer, endloader, etc.
Pull forward,
Back up,
Repeat......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts