Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know from some of ya'll that have shot the newer models. Are they really the quietest bows out there???
I'm not interested in how they shoot, just how quiet are they compared to other companies?
As innovated as they look, they sure do look like they would be quiet!!!
www.whispercreekarchery.com

·
Banned
1,426 Posts
Stealth lx

Brace Height: Approx. 7”
Axle To Axle: Approx. 31”
Draw Weight: 50 – 70 lbs.
Draw Length: 25 – 30”
Mass Wt.: 4.3 lbs.
Noise Level: 68 dBA (decibels) @ 70lbs.
IBO Speed: Approx.
*310 fps (65% Letoff)
*302 fps (80% Letoff)

Spetrum

Brace Height: Approx. 7”
Axle To Axle: Approx. 36”
Draw Weight: 50 – 70 lbs.
Draw Length: 26 – 30”
Mass Wt.: 4.1 lbs.
Noise Level: ¤78 dBA (decibels) @ 70 lbs.
IBO Speed: Approx. 315 fps @30” draw

Consider most bows are in the high 80s and low 90s
:tongue:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Poohbear

I have the whisper creek innovator pro and innovator in my store now and yes they are the quietest bows I have shot and being in full service I have shot most of the brands out there. Very good quality and very good company to deal with.

·
Registered
811 Posts
So far the score is...
For - 2
Not Sure - 1
Against - 1
...and then along came the slipster.

I like the look of Whisper bows myself. I am in the market and have been doing a lot of looking and comparing. I've managed to narrow the field to 3.
Whisper
Elite
Evotek

Still looking and comparing....................................

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Not trying to hijack the post (I swear!!) but does Ross have some relation to Whisper Creek?

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
guess i haven't been around these bows. it would be awful hard to beat the ross bows i've been around though.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I have yet to see a quality bow made in the past 5 years that wasn't quiet.
I have still yet to see, or should I say hear, a bow as quiet as a Diamond.

That being said you can do alot better than a Whisper Creek.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I shot last years model. (Not sure exactly what it was called)

I thought it was a decent shooting bow, but it didn't appear (to my ears) to be any quieter than the Tribute or XT. It had slightly more vibration than my Tribute, but that is probably due to the STS on my Tribute. One thing for sure is that it was dog slow!!

Overall I think they are a decent bow, but I think you can attain equal scilence in much better performing bows. (ie: Tribute or XT)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Slippy Field said:
Not trying to hijack the post (I swear!!) but does Ross have some relation to Whisper Creek?
Whisper Creek Archery and Ross Archery have no relation.

thanks for the question

Brian Holt
Marketing/Advertising Manager
Whisper Creek Archery
800-499-5529

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whisper Creek

I love my Turbotec! But I have shot a Whisper Creek bow, and it was awesome. Very little vibration, smooth draw and yes, quiet. This bow only had sights added. Other than that it was right out of the box.
I understand the Whisper creek bows are a bear to adjust draw length on but I think they are heading in the right direction. This could very well be my next bow purchase.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Why do you think they call them Whisper Creek???

AWESOME DRAW CYCLE, LITTLE TO NO HAND SHOCK, VERY QUIET AND VERY FORGIVING... DID I MENTION HOW FORGIVING THESE BOWS ARE!!! DON'T KNOCK EM TILL YOU TRY ONE, NOT ONE OF THE BIG MANUFACTURES BUT DEFINATELY A QUALITY BOW!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! CHECK THEIR LINE OF BOWS OUT AT http://whispercreekarchery.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts