Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem.I have fine tune this bow,Yet when I shoot my arow it goes all crazy.I am hiting dead on at 10 Yards.When I get to 15 or more I am way off.I did a paper test and it rips a big hole in the paper.It rips up if this is a help.If you have any info PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Bow do not want to sela it.This is a 2008

·
Banned
1,396 Posts
Can't help you without more information.

Where are you located? Maybe someone near you can look at it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You say you've fine tuned, yet get a large upward paper tear? ... do a search and download the Easton Tuning Guide. It'll get you going in the right direction.

IMO, start by making sure your fletching clears the cables and rest... spray foot powder or lipstick works well to show contact issues. I paper tune, then walkback tune. The Easton Guide will help you through those steps.

Good luck:darkbeer:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I and about 5 others on this site are having the EXACT same problems currently. I have tuned and tuned and tuned. Tried different rest, different arrows, and just totally replaced strings and cables. Still tearing huge holes when paper tuning. Let me know if you figure it out.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
it sounds like the rest is either too low or too high, maybe I am wrong.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
I sold a lot of them and never had one that wouldnt shoot well... I do recall a couple of them being finacky about arrows, what shaft are you shooting?
and if you have a couple different arrows give them a try, they did seem to have issues with fall away rests most of the time,, never could figure out why though

·
Registered
976 Posts
I tired it. Perfectly level.
If you're sure you have the correct spined arrow, no cam lean, no fletching contact, high paper tears and the arrow perfectly level while at rest... HAVE YOU TRIED MOVING THE REST or NOCKING POINT UP AND DOWN? I keep seeing "arrow perfectly level"... that doesn't mean it's right.

There are alot of bows out there that tune great with the arrow 1/2 bubble out of level tip pointing downwards.

Just trying to help here, and lotsa' luck fellas :darkbeer:

·
Banned
5,228 Posts
Were did you get the bow?

I have a problem.I have fine tune this bow,Yet when I shoot my arow it goes all crazy.I am hiting dead on at 10 Yards.When I get to 15 or more I am way off.I did a paper test and it rips a big hole in the paper.It rips up if this is a help.If you have any info PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Bow do not want to sela it.This is a 2008

1 - 11 of 11 Posts