Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new set of 85 grain Montec broadheads, I screwed them on and tried them out only to find out they whistled all the way to the target. Has any one else had this problem? and what did you do about them?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Try smearing a bit of Vaseline or grease on them. It should stop the whistling.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
that is why I am selling all of mine

Even the new ones are a little noisey, that is why I switched to Slick Tricks they shoot just as good(or better) they come razor sharp and they are much quieter. good luck

by the way I got 15 of them for sale on ebay under rodney485 montec g5 100gr

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Montec's

I guess that I will go back to my Wasp Hammer SST's. No noise and great penetration. Just thought I would try the Montec's they looked really good.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have the same problem, but am now switching to slick tricks or my iron heads

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Some guys were shooting them the other day at our pro shop into a broadhead target. They did whistle all the way there. Wasp or Magnus are real quiet.

TEXAS

·
Registered
676 Posts
i do notice a slight whistle noise with montecs. the game i have shot with them didn't! just picked up some slicktricks as well. super sharp (i am impressed!), they fly awesome and group right with my montecs and field points. gonna keep 2 of each in my quiver and a g5 sgh for pests. :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Montec's

I spoke with Paul Thompson at G5, he told me that the earlier models had this problem but they had fixed this by cutting a relief on the back side of the blades as well as the in side of the blade. Paul explained that the cause of the noise is due to the thicker blades pushing air. He suggested that I look at the particular broadheads that I had to make sure they had the relief cut into them and then get back to him. They are aware of the noise and are trying to fix the problem. I will give an update as things progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts