Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen one in person? Might be an inexpensive wood ILF riser, but hopefully not cheap, :).

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have seen them. Local shop owner is currently shooting one. He is taking one Elk hunting this year instead of his Daas. He really likes it.

It has a satin finish and the wood is very nice, I was very impressed.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Looks like a 19" version of Southwest Archery Stingray.

I have the 17" Stingray and like it a lot. Nice grip and weight. Very quiet with a set of RC wood limbs.

If those come from the same manufactuer. Its my understanding they are made in China and managed by some of the guys from Samick.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The Micarta does give it a nice heft.....makes it feel more solid.

The stingray does look like the shorter version. I was told the 19" is made in China too.

Good looking riser and a great value.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Normally their service is great. I would expect about a week to 10 days. Unfortunately the riser is not in stock and would need to be special ordered, so add 1-2 weeks...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, anyone managed to get one of these WF Lark bows? I ordered mine and it will arrive in 5 days.
Currently I try to find any manufacturing web/manual for setup references, unfortunately with no success. Does anyone have info about it?
I wonder about recommended brace high? or we can just go with guideline from SouthWest 8"-8 3/4"?
Any help is more than welcome.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I liked my southwest 17" version a lot, beautiful bow, but need bigger. Liked enough to buy two of the 19" white feather from Alternativess in UK (buy one for wife- prices are phenomenal.) Should arrive in two weeks, will set up and post my findings. I am a bit old, etc. so will be shooting light vs. younger fellows at ~20-25# AMO. Also have a weird long draw at ~32+ inches AMO. Uncut 1913 with nibs (31.5) almost fall off. I suspect it will also be too short- looking at a borders bow ILF riser now with 25". I have alloy risers, just like the wood look better- I am fairly sure it will not shoot better. Currently my BEST shooter is an old Bear "Victor Patriot" in 25# AMO/~30# at my draw- arrows just seem to go well downrange.

·
Registered
595 Posts
BIG NEWS for Lark fans- BIGGER LARKS about to hit market - 21" and 23"

About a year back I worked through Alternative Services to the Distributor of the Lark, asked them to speak to manufacturer of Lark about larger versions. Additionally I found the manufacturer and requested they consider larger versions.
This week they went live on the Alternative Services pages in UK. The page is only semi updated, but if you choose quantity and SIZE you can get RH and LH 21" and 23" in "pre-order" status. I just submitted order for both, will soon own from 17" to 23" in same style. Long term I plan to do a draw force vs. draw length test and see how the different lengths change the force curve- especially out at 32.5", my personal draw length.

I own both the 17" Southwest Stingray and the 19" White Feather Larks, and am a huge fan of their design and shooting feel. For reference I also have other risers, and a bit of experience over last year mainly on shooting: Border Covert ILF 25" Bear Takedown: Mag- B and C // Wood- Viking and Kodiak "C" SF Archery: Forged @25" and Axiom at 21" Misc other risers, and about 8-10 one piece bows.

Yep, I need "Archers Anonymous"... and "Lathes Anonymous"... and "Backgammon Anonymous"... But having fun

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
I just did an order from them, guess I'll be doing another shortly.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I can't make up mind; 21" or 23".

:)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have the 19" Lark, as does one of my buddies. Very nice riser that doesn't disappoint. Mine has been mistaken for risers that are 3-4 times the price.

1 - 20 of 308 Posts