Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my arrows refletched with two white vanes and one green. Later someone told me that the white fletch will spook deer. I know whitetails will pick up my movement or scent more than anything but is there any truth to what this person told me?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Not!! I shoot all three white feathers! that is the last thing they will see....if your scent don't spook em...the white feathers won't!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
When there isnt snow on the ground there are very few natrual things in the field that are white, making them easy to spot. And those guys that have those nice new cammo shafts are going to have fun looking for them in the brush!

·
CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins
1,244 Posts
I use a white wrap with yellow feathers.

·
Registered
937 Posts
feathers

i use a white wrap/dip, 3 white feathers and a flo green nock. not once have the deer picked me off.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
One white, 2 bright blue, on camo shafts no less!!:D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I use 2 white and 1 blue with an orange knock. Easy to see in flight and easy to find. Spook the deer? NOT! They dont get spooked till the feathers come out the other side of em':D .

·
When's bow season start?
8,864 Posts
Two whites, one fluorescent orange, and a fluorescent orange nock. No spook!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I use two whites and one orange or red. Deer don't give a crap about the fleching. Shoot what you like. I shoot white because it is easier to find in the forrest floor especially in the fall.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Whomever told you that white fletching would spook a deer is smoking something. Like others have said, the only spooking going on with white fletching will be when it comes screaming out the other side and then its red anyway.
Your friends will call you red fletchings!

Jon

·
Registered
220 Posts
3 Whites and a White Wrap,Flo Green Nock.No probs here.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I just fletched my 340 ics with all 3 white.Was gonna give yellow and green a try,but I decided I like the all white better.....:)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
All yellow white wrap works good for me
looks good going in,see em real good!!!:D

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
coyote170 said:
All yellow white wrap works good for me
looks good going in,see em real good!!!:D
Yea that would look good,I used all white last year with white wraps,they look nice zipping thru brown:D ,but this year i'm going wrapless:eek: :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts