Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin at Shuttle T locks or G5 Strikers. What stays sharper and is the toughest? Shooting Hoyt Trykon 29in 65lbs proly 70lbs by deer season.
Let me know what you think
Thanks

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Gotta say it .....Rage ! huge holes , havent damaged one yet , never had a failure to open either.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The strikers are very sharp but I don't really have any field experience with both of those mentioned. I have heard great reviews on both of them though.

I use rage 2 blades by the way.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
G5

Strykers, I love these heads. Are super sharp and tougher than nails.

But both are top of the line heads, either one will do the job.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
I shoot grim reapers and spitfires. I shot a few deer with fixed blade heads but I just never could get a blood trail like I wanted; like I can with the expandables. It's thick as hair on a dogs back where I hunt and a easy to follow blood trail makes tracking so much easier.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I had trouble getting Shuttle T-Locks to fly from my Tribute. I've never tried the other.

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
Any SHARP broadhead will do the job and leave a good blood trail if you hit the vitals. Shot placement is just as important as the rest. I've killed whitetail with Hoyt Topcuts in the past to great effect, same for moose. I now shoot Montecs that I've sharpened to my liking, same results.

·
Registered
169 Posts
g5 strikers

my step dad shoot a 140 inch buck this last year and the deer didnt go 40 yards. and it was shoot in the ass. but then again he shouldnt have been hunting that late at night. he has never had to replace the blades or have one break one sharpening time to one braidhead which he shoot to deer with not bad.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Rather than mess around with trying to get a fixed head to fly and worry about sharping them i would suggest you use some expandable steelhead 100 or 125's...they fly great and are as tough as any fixed blade head made...i have used this head since they have been on the market and there is no blood trailing with a steelhead.its watch them go down,everytime...JMO

·
Registered
419 Posts
lol, us rage users have to get annoying after a while! I have never used them but from what I have read on here, you can't beat the toughness or the sharpness of the G5. Do a search on both heads and compare reviews, you will be amazed at the info on both of them.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm shooting a Trykon at 64#, 30" draw. Using the Trophy Ridge Hammerheads. Flew great, hug hole, no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Rather than mess around with trying to get a fixed head to fly and worry about sharping them i would suggest you use some expandable steelhead 100 or 125's...they fly great and are as tough as any fixed blade head made...i have used this head since they have been on the market and there is no blood trailing with a steelhead.its watch them go down,everytime...JMO
Yeah, why would you want your bow tuned........:confused:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I love the Slick Tricks. They fly like bullets and hit like a missle. I am gonna try to Trick a thunder chicken in the morning. I use my Slick Tricks for everything including elk. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Guys answer his QUESTION !!!!!

To answer your Question the Strikers are sharper out of the pack

And I thint the Shuttle T's are the toughest heads on the market

Hate when someone asks a Question about 2 heads and all you get are

Options for other heads he didn't ask about !!!:mad::mad::zip::zip::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Seems like the general consensus on AT is that the Strikers are among the sharpest heads out there, and the Shuttle Ts are not that sharp out of the package.

·
Registered
495 Posts
To answer your Question the Strikers are sharper out of the pack

And I thint the Shuttle T's are the toughest heads on the market

Hate when someone asks a Question about 2 heads and all you get are

Options for other heads he didn't ask about !!!:mad::mad::zip::zip::mad::mad:

Just thought that since the guy was shooting an almost identical set up as me, that he might like to see what others had that worked well with his bow. Should we all run our responses through you in the future prior to submitting so we can be sure not to make you mad?

I've had responses to threads that didn't apply to what I was looking for but it never made me mad. Actually, I was glad that people shared their ideas. It's how we all learn.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wac em

I have tried a bunch of fixed blades and expandables and have just started using the WAC EM 125's. They are similar to the strikers and fly just like a field point. Their blades are very thick and lock in well. Give them a look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts