Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up how long your mean beams were please, I'm wondering what's the big beams measure.

Mine were 23 inches even

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Post up how long your mean beams were please, I'm wondering what's the big beams measure.

Mine were 23 inches even
this year's buck both sides were right at the 25 inch mark, my longest beams on a buck measure just under 28 inches taken a few years back.

and i have several deer in the 22- 26 inch range for main beams

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I was watch a show and they were say 25in was big, I didn't know and em wondering

I know 33 is big

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
yeah, I was watch a show and they were say 25in was big, I didn't know and em wondering

I know 33 is big
ya that is huge.....i'm assuming your refering to the ohio deer just recntly shot, i guess one almost measures 35.... OMG!

i thought 28 was big, i couldnt imagine adding another 5-6 inches on my deer with the 28 inch beams.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
From my experience as a measurer, I can tell u that anything above 23" main beams is above average for missouri. Majority of the bucks i score are 19-22".

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I have one buck with 25" main beams and one with 27" main beams. I'd say when you start breaking the 25" mark you've got long ones.

·
Colorblind blood trailer
2,566 Posts
I've got 4 deer from 130's to 150's and all of their beams are between 21" and 23". A friend from work shot a monster this year that will net in the upper 170's and it had beams that were 25" and change.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
This eight pointer has 27 4/8" main beams

Attachments

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
As several have already mentioned, anything over 25" is very impressive!

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Only measured inside and it was 22 inches.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Longest I have shot were 25 4/8 and 24 6/8 ... and I thought those looked LONG

I would agree, and a lot depends on how the deer is setup too, if his beams go straight out and dont curl back in then they wouldnt be as long. I really think anything over 21 or 22 is getting long, especially if he has tines to go with it.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I believe the longest beam on a buck I;ve ever shot was 27 and change and that's a long beam for my part of the world.
I'm pretty sure I've only killed 3 bucks with 25" beams or better...and I don't find very many sheds with beams thatget to 25" so I also think 25" is a dang good MB. I can't imagine how big a 33" beam would be, tremendous.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
I think mine this year had 23" and 24".

My biggest one had a 26" MB, but it went out pretty wide and curled around and would have almost touched in the middle, but the other side was all jacked up. It scored 161 1/2" gross but obviously had a very low net score.

and yes, anything over 25" is long around my part of the country. I couldn't hardly imagine 30"+:mg:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
MY LONGEST BEAMS TO DATE IS 29.5" ON MY 9PT HE SCORED 162" WITH A 21" INSIDE SPREAD!!
I SAY 20" - 24" IS NORM. FOR AROUND HERE:wink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts