Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey if u were to set up a tree stand of a trail with hoofs markings, in minnesota for whitetail, and hunted every day for a week, you would problly get one right? well i did that same thing but in colorado for mulies? do you thing i will get one? wat eles should i do?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
suonds right.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only one person knows? lol ok well thanx man!

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
Depends...

Depends on weather patterns, how often you visited that location, etc. That's dependent on a lot of different factors. Deer can change their patterns in an instant. If you sit at that location long enough, yeah, you'll see deer. But if you went in there several times and weren't careful with your scent, then that's not a definate possibility. More often than not, especially during hunting season, deer change their tactics going too and from feeding / bedding areas. For instance... I've had my trail cam set up on a HEAVILY used deer trail for over a month now. I was getting 20-30 pictures a day off that trail. However, weather changes up in the mountains (rain / drop in temperatures) have caused them to use other routes. Occasionally, I'll still see most of the deer I saw before, but not always. Good luck to you!

·
Thunder Chicken Assassin
1,675 Posts
Nicojax said:
Hey if u were to set up a tree stand of a trail with hoofs markings, in minnesota for whitetail, and hunted every day for a week, you would problly get one right? well i did that same thing but in colorado for mulies? do you thing i will get one? wat eles should i do?
:crazy:

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
you might if your there long enough but long enough might be longer than the season is long. spot and stalk mulies is the best I know.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
maybee-r said:
you might if your there long enough but long enough might be longer than the season is long. spot and stalk mulies is the best I know.
Spot & Stalk Mulies is fun as well as deadly in some places but there are places and instances where a blind or stand works better. Have fun!! However you go after them:)

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Mule deer and blacktails don't pattern as well. They might use the same corridor that's 150 yards wide to travel each morning, but it's a sure bet that each morning they will take a different route that is "just" out of bow range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts