·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple enought ,who treats there bow like an infant? Just out of curiousity

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,370 Posts
I treat mine very nice. Careful where to set it and who touches it! :D I wasn't that way with my kids when they were young! Just kidding.

I just like to keep them looking new. Even coat my bow hangers so I am not to mar the finish. :wink:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Lets just say the bow sleeps in the bed and the wife on the couch.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I'd like to say "yes I do", but I'd be lying. :D

Saturday a friend asked me if bows were too sensitive or fragile to be banged around. I just looked at him, smiled, and threw my Katera XL on the ground. :eek: He looked at me funny, to say the least :confused:, but I told him I was confident it wasn't hurt at all. And it wasn't. I put 5 GTs in a plastic coffee cup lid I pinned to a target from 50 yards after giving it a quick look-over. Nothing moved at all. Just what I need in a hunting tool. Haven't shot broadheads after that, though......:set1_thinking:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
omg my bows are my babies. If someone mishandles or moves any of my bows they will pay dearly!!!!

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I have an 04 Xtec that could pass as brand new. I bought it new in 05. All mine get the "treatment". Wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anybody get so annoyed that it keeps them up at night if something is wrong with the bow like the D-loop looks like its fraying or that you accidentally hit the cam walking it out the door?

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I treat mine good. I service the bows and strings as much as possible and keep the bow in a case when traveling. When I work on a bow I try not to get any tooling marks on the finish but in the field I treat it like a tool. My bow get sloshed through the mud and rain and dragged through the roughest terrain without a thought. Once I get back home I take the steps I need too to make sure the bow stays in good shape. So I guess I treat it more like a teenager than a babie I care about it but I aint afraid to give it a good swift kick when it needs it.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Does anybody get so annoyed that it keeps them up at night if something is wrong with the bow like the D-loop looks like its fraying or that you accidentally hit the cam walking it out the door?
Nope, only because I fix it before I will go to bed. :lol:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I try to but I always run out of time because im such a perfectionist:confused:

·
Registered
24,950 Posts
guilty. all ways cleaning it and i hate putting it on the ground. love my bow

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I'm careful, but I'm not anal-retentive about it. I realize that they're tools, not museum pieces.

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
My bow gets cleaned and looked over once a year...one time right after hunting season and that's it. It's a 2006, and it's camo...they're designed to be tough enough to take a beating.

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I first got my flat black Bowtech Sentinal, i took it out of the box, and actually kept it in my room the couple following days until i set it up because i loved it so much! :D

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
I baby the crap outta mine:embara: I do hunt hard and my stuff gets used in bad weather but I always take the time to clean it and check things over. Its better in the long run that way. My buddies never change their strings and wonder why they snap in the middle of season HAHAHA

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Im hard on mine i say if it cant take it i dont want it
Exactly! Just like a friend who babies his cars and trucks. He said it isn't good to rev it up too much one day. I told him that if it would do what I wanted it to do and take a drive the way I was going to drive it, then I don't want it or need it. :lol:

Some people need to let go of such attachments to material things. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts