Archery Talk Forum banner

Who bought an IL TURKEY tag this year???

592 5
Me and a friend got ours. I do also have a question. I got 1) IL hunting license 2) Habitat stamp 3) Turkey permit. Is this what I need to get out for turkeys. I don't believe it is county specific, right? I'm planning on getting my deer tag later in the year.

Who else bought a turkey tag and if ya don't mind, tell us which area you plan to hunt!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,165 Posts
I always buy an archery turkey tag. For $5 its a heckofabargain. I deer hunt exclusively in the fall but figure the turkey tag is a bonus because I always see turkeys several times while bowhunting.

Yep, you are good to go with the hunting license, turkey permit and habitat stamp.

· Registered
8,159 Posts
Me and a friend got ours. I do also have a question. I got 1) IL hunting license 2) Habitat stamp 3) Turkey permit. Is this what I need to get out for turkeys.

Yes 1-3 are required and you should be good to go. :nod: Now just go find you a flock to bust up and call back in. :thumb:

· Registered
1,592 Posts
i had 14 of them come in yesterday morning. too bad i was in the tree with a first timer. it was my buddys daughter, her first time out. i had carpal tunnel surgery friday, so i wasnt hunting. it was pretty cool to be in the tree with someone for thier first time in the stand with a bow. good luck on the turkeys btw.

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the good luck wishes guys! So far me and my buddy have our blind, bows set up, gonna buy some broadheads this week and tune them in, and hopefully I'll be posting pics by next week! From what I've heard, though, bagging a turkey w/ an arrow is easier said than done!!:wink: But I think we can pull it off.

Now I know nobody wants to give away their specific hunting area, but can somebody shoot me a generally good place to find them (Ex. Region I, II, III etc.) ? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.