Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see where some fletch 4 vanes rather than 3. Is there a reason for this? And if so what is it? Or is it just a matter of looking :cool: Either way, if you do use 4 vanes what, if any differances have you noticed vs. 3 vanes?

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I've used 4 fletchings on the megathrust arrows and they flew great. They flew a fixes blade bh very well!

·
BOWFITTERS...PRO TUNER...
3,228 Posts
i have shot 4 fletch and worked well......... works good when shooting a drop away rest, doesnt matter about the nock , theres no cock vane up or down, all the same...............:wink:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I shoot 4 vanes helical off a spring steel. Seems to group better for me at longer distances. If you shoot tight groups tends to rip fletching more often than 3 vanes.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and for those who shoot 4, are you shooting them for hunting, 3-D, or spots? or both?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I used four fletched Gateway Rayzr feathers this year. Worked fine, shot broadheads good. I will be switching though, I'm too hard on feathers. They do look sweet though!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I have a half dozen I fletched that way just to test. I am using blazers and I really didn't notice a difference. Well, that's just me.

Ted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts