Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am just curios to see who shoots a target bow and a hunting bow? If you do, why? I am sure you all have good reasons, I am just thinking of getting into it. Probobly not though. To expensive. Thanks

·
Registered
763 Posts
I actually have acquired (3) Hoyt Aspens, all set up slightly different for different games or hunting. One is a black & silver target bow I use for indoor, field & target. One is a camo model I have set up for 3D & the other is a camo model set up for hunting. I can shoot any venue I want without changing accessories around. About the only thing I change is the lense in my scope on the target bow. They're not new bows or anything, but I take good care of them because I love the way they shoot.
I also keep an old recurve around just to plink with every now & then, or in case I get drawn into a recurve only special hunt.

·
Registered
685 Posts
well now

I dont have a target bow and a hunting bow. I have the 2 bows I couldafford at time I bought them (Parker Buck Hunter 60# and a Mathews Switchback XT w/Black limbs 70#) and unfortunately I have a K955 Toxonics on the Parker and a K955m (3X lens) on the Mathews and I will shoot what ever is in front of me. cant afford to buy lots of bows and doo dads. My dealer has his 5 pin set at 125 yards and regularly goes out with it instead of a "target setup" just to prove a point to some fellas who carry around mutiple bows.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i do.

·
Registered
676 Posts
i do. actually i have 3 bows setup right now, 2 spiral cam ultratecs and a razortec cam and a half. one of my utecs is in target colors and setup with a cj ANTS and the other 2 are hunting/3d bows with different setups as for accessories. everything including the accessories were bought here on AT. 3 complete setups for the cost of 1 new setup, what more can a guy ask for? gotta love AT.

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
I have a ton of bows for targets, 3D and also for hunting! If you don't believe me, ask my wife! She says I have way too many bows! :eek: :confused: :zip: :wink: :D

Dick

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
me too...

just too many differnt requirements for the venues. I ahve an Old glory that is used for hunting and some target, possibly 3-d, and a con. that I just got for target only. Draw weights are different etc..

Too tough changing back and forth all the time...

Even in target, you want to have different bows.. Indoor... speed not important, FAT arrows...

3d.. speed important... skinnier arrows, etc..

·
Registered
769 Posts
I can't believe he has that question in a singular form!!!! I have 4 target bows, two for FS and two for BHFS. Two hunting bows, I would never go to a hunt in West Texas w/o a backup. Why two seperate bows, short bows for hunting (I hunt out of a ground blind), long ATA for targets, want the forgiveness.

·
Registered
497 Posts
techincally i've got 2 hunting bows (XT & Trykon), but the trykon is set up for FITA. why have 2 bows...........different application and therefore different arrows, rests, sights/scope/stab........etc.

i'm looking to get a proper target bow in the near future......so i can use the trykon as a back-up/3d rig.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I have 1 hunting bow, Its a 2003 Hoyt Supertec.
But for target depending on what it is (indoor or outdoor) I have a few :brushteet

1. 2005 Pro-Elite spiral
2. 2004 Ultra-Elite spiral (custom dipped from sponsor)
3. 2004 Ultra-Elite spiral (just acquired and on the way)
4. 2004 Ultra-tec (CURRENTLY FOR SALE @ CLASSIFIEDS)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
2 of the same!!

I have 2 of the same bow?!? Ones setup for hunting, ones setup for 3D!! Different arrows, different rest too!!! Saves wear and tear on hunting bow to shoot as much as I do during 3D and practicing!!! read the signature

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I have 4 bows now. Two Scepter III's for know distance events. I like them the best. One Slayer Extreme for 3d and a Cougar 4 for hunting.

·
Registered
590 Posts
redclay said:
Hi,
I am just curios to see who shoots a target bow and a hunting bow? If you do, why? I am sure you all have good reasons, I am just thinking of getting into it. Probobly not though. To expensive. Thanks
You do not have to spend alot of money to shoot 3D. I used my hunting bow this whole 3D season and did just fine with it. You do not need to buy a separate bow just to shoot targets if you do not want to. I have however since bought a target bow that is set up for 3D. I just did not want you to think you needed another bow just to shoot a 3D round. Go out with the bow that you have and have fun. That is the bottom line.

·
Remember.. Archery is fun
3,323 Posts
Well I'm down to two bows from four. ( always looking though ) I sold one to buy more fishing equipment. :wink:

Nick

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
redclay said:
Holy cow you guys, I never knew someone could have that many bows!
It has gotten to be an addiction! I have this problem with the flag (patriotic) bows that hoyt produced. I love them. That is the reasoning behind them. I am about ready to get rid of a few of them though.

The Supertec could possibly go down the road. The Ultratec is up for sale now, and the Ultra-Elite that I have at the time could get sent to the dippers to be done in a camo pattern and used for a hunting bow.

If I did that I would be down to 3 :chortle: That sounds like a good number.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts