Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very close to ordering one - my only concern is getting busted trying to get out of the thing. I've read the countless posts over how warm you stay - I understand that being in the stand is how you get close and staying warm keeps you there - got it - but again, my concern is getting out of it without being busted. So - those of you that have one, could you please give your experiences?

One other thing - where is the best deal on one?

Thanks!

BA

·
XX78 User
4,942 Posts
I never got busted when I used one. If anything, I stayed out longer than I would have normally. That alone is worth the price of getting in and out of the suit.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
im also very interested in one. they look like they would be great but again i need some more input before i take the plunge

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
All these thoughts on body heater suits got me to thinking. I have a sleeping bag thats all cotton. You can lay down on the ground with temps at 0 & lay down, stay warm, & go to sleep. I think on the really cold days this year I am going to take it to the stand & bundle up in cold weather. All I would need to do is simply leave the top partially unzipped, stand up & shoot. It might not be as nice as the body heater suit but it's olive drab on the outside, super warm, & saves me $300+.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
This will be my 4th season with the Heater suit and it's one of the best things I've ever bought for cold weather hunting. I have shot 2 bucks 2 years in a row now in the late season wearing the body suit. I haven't been busted as of yet trying to get my arms out but, then again I usually see the deer coming from a distance. I would imagine if a deer snuck up from behind you and was right there you woud get busted trying to unzip but, then again you would probably get busted no matter what in that situation. If something ever happened to my suit I would be buying another immediately. They do cost a lot but, they are that good at keeping you warm. Well worth the money IMO. Get one you won't regret it

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I've gotten out of mine with deer directly under my stand. Never been busted in it, as was mentioned one of my best peices of deer hunting gear.

·
U.P. Hunter
4,539 Posts
Very easy, quiet and quick to get out of. I don't think you will be dissapointed. It also has legs for ease of movement and safety in the stand.

FF

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
All these thoughts on body heater suits got me to thinking. I have a sleeping bag thats all cotton. You can lay down on the ground with temps at 0 & lay down, stay warm, & go to sleep. I think on the really cold days this year I am going to take it to the stand & bundle up in cold weather. All I would need to do is simply leave the top partially unzipped, stand up & shoot. It might not be as nice as the body heater suit but it's olive drab on the outside, super warm, & saves me $300+.
I have done this before...we cut arms out of ours...and i thought it worked pretty good...i will sacrifice perfection for 300 bucks anyday...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I used sleepingbags for years and they worked. Killed many deer from them. Bought a used HBS a few years ago and wouldn't hunt without it now. We get a lot of cold temps and nasty winds and the HBS is the most comforatble thing I've found yet. You stay in the stand longer and move around less when you are there. I've never been busted slipping out of it.

The only down side is when it's really nasty you don't want to get out in the cold to walk back to the truck!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the responses everyone

I really appreciate it.

I'm gonna take the plunge.

Thanks again.

BA

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Shot a dandy 8pt last year at 11 steps. He appeared out of nowhere and I had no problem getting my HBS open, picking up my bow and shooting him. I was even hunting on the ground.

Great product and one of my nest hunting purchases ever! Do an internet search and buy right from the manufacturer.
Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts