Archery Talk Forum banner

Who has some bloodrunner experience??

1584 Views 19 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  BradMc26
I'd like to see what these broadheads can do. Anyone got some pics or stories?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
644 Posts
I've passed two 2 blade Bloodrunners through critters in the last month. The first was a 60 pound hog: Clean pass through with no damage to the broadhead. The little boar stumbled about 50 yards and fell over. The second was my 8 point:

The shot, quartering away head down, entered under his left elbow, passed just in front of his heart and exited out of right side of his his neck, making an 8 inch cut! It severed his carotid, jugular, and windpipe. He made it 40 yards, and left about 12 splashes of blood that looked like some threw a pint of blood on the ground at each spot. He left a large pool of blood where he fell. I found them easy to tune and shoot the same point of impact as my field tips. I plan on shooting several more hogs this Fall, so I will have a better idea what they are capable of.

cricman

· Registered
3,807 Posts
Last fall,killed a 10 pt'r that was looking at me at 28 yds at full draw,couldn't hold any longer and let er rip;enteredjust below white throat patch came out right front leg pocket,blood like you could not believe,absolutely gushing forward and out right side;out of blood before it actually went down.Then Sept 3rd,was in Minnesota bear hunting{north central};A nice chocolate came in and turned his butt to me and just started chowin down,I shot him entering behind short ribs and exited in chest between front legs low,cut his heart off,he immediatly started flip-floppin,went 12 yds still flip-floppin and death moaned before I could even regain my composure;by the way there was 16 of us and we killed 13 bears{7 choco's} in 3 days, awsome.The deer was 3 blade bloodrunner, no damage to broadhead or arrow;bear was 2 blade , arrow broke as he flip-flopped on it but no damage to bloodrunner,they are as good as they get;and nothing can go wrong with them,very tough!

· Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,529 Posts
I recently aquired some 3 blade Bloodrunners in a swap, and am looking forward to trying them out on an animal...they flew spot on with my field points and Grim Reapers....

· Registered
170 Posts
Shot a booner this weekend and he didn't go 40 yards. I think they will put rage out of peoples thoughts. 1/16 bigger cut and no need to wory about blades not opening.

· Registered
4,480 Posts
Killed two with them this year. Only got a pass through on one though. But the entrance hole on both was huge (2.5-3"). The exit hole on the one I shot the other night was just as big with a very good blood trail. Both have gone less than 50 yards.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.