Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I used to think Darton had the best grip, but I really like the grip on my Apex and also the one piece grip on my 05 Protec isn't too shabby either, with the Apex getting the nod, just my opinion

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Another vote for Hoyt, although I think that removing the ProFit grip and shooting off the riser is the best way to go. It feels similar to the 2003 style grips, which were the best they ever offered, at least in my opinion.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
the mathews big grip fits my hand nice but the bowtech is slim and my hand can encompass the whole grip... both feel really nice

·
Registered
232 Posts
i have only shot two types of bows. Hoyt and Mathews. I did not like the grip on the swithcback at all. Too big for me. I do however LOVE the Hoyt grips. They seem to fit me really well.

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
Although I just sold it my AR34 had one of the best right next to my PSE Mach 11.:)

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have owned Mathews, Merlin, Bowtech, and now Hoyt. I have to say of those, Hoyt has the best grip. I changed the Mathews. I changed the Bowtech, it was the most sensitive to hand placement. I sold the Merlin. It was before they put on the new grips, which meant it was basically sideplates, which were nice. I really like my Hoyt. I have an 06 UT, my buddy has an 05. The 06 is slimmer (more comfortable for me), but both are very comfortable and low torque type grips. It repeats very well, which is a must.

macatac

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, I am sure you are going to get a verity of answers on this. I really believe, the answer is if you like it use it. There are just too many different hand position and sizes of hands to say on type fits all.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ross has a very nice grip.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Hoyt.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Any company that adds sideplates to the handle or you shoot straight of the riser make the best grips.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I think PSE/AR has the BEST grip! :wink:

Even though I have never owned one. I wish the rest of the bow was as good as the grip.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts