Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Apex with camo limbs 60#er that I have been shooting 3ds with all summer and feel real comfortable with, it is a large bow and a little noisy and primarily a 3d bow but was wondering who all is going to hunt with one this fall. Thinking real serious about it. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dave2,

I hunt with a Conquest Pro. It is a 41" AtoA bow and also the type I shoot 3D with. I have Zero problems with it. I add limb savers, some string silencers and a good vibe dampening stab and go for it. Everyone tells me it is quiet. If most will remember prior to the 90's all bows were pretty much 38" A to A or better and we stilled killed deer with them. I personally like the longer bows, probably because I'm used to them, but also because I hate the sharp string angles of the short bows. I see no reason why the Apex can't be made quiet and we both know it is a shooter. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spotshy: thanks for getting back with me on the post. I have hunted with a C3 and had good sucess with it, I am thinking about hunting with the apex as I feel a lot of confidence in it. It can be quited down fairly easily with limbsavers, string leeches, heavier arrows etc. I use a quicktune 3000 on it, it has been a great rest, with lizard tonque on it, and probably ought to put the quiet prongs on it. I am going to set it up and see what happens when bow season opens here in Ohio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts