Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
Anyone shoot the Axis N-Fused? What do you think?
I haven't shot them yet but will for Turkey hunting this year. When the first batch came in. I grabbed a ton of them and put them on the arrow spinner to check straightness. They were excellent!

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I haven't seen them yet....but either the N-Fused or the Axis FMJ will be coming out of the bow this year.:)

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
The "N" in N-Fused stands for NANO...they are an all carbon shaft.

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
never saw a "n-fused" what is the diff in those & the fmj.

Easton is using a new resin to hold their AXIS carbon fibers together.

Now AXIS employs nano-fused Hybtonite epoxy. The secret of Hybtonite epoxy lies in the patented utilization of carbon nanotubes. Carbon nanotubes have the highest specific strength of all known materials. The list of amazing characteristics of carbon nanotubes is endless, but they can be utilized to full potential only with a true chemical bond. Hybtonite is the only composite resin where the carbon nanotubes are joined with the epoxy molecules to utilize their benefit in arrow construction. This unique hybrid material outperforms regular carbon resins to create a new standard in carbon arrow construction.

http://www.eastonarchery.com/company/article/12

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Easton is using a new resin to hold their AXIS carbon fibers together.

Now AXIS employs nano-fused Hybtonite epoxy. The secret of Hybtonite epoxy lies in the patented utilization of carbon nanotubes. Carbon nanotubes have the highest specific strength of all known materials. The list of amazing characteristics of carbon nanotubes is endless, but they can be utilized to full potential only with a true chemical bond. Hybtonite is the only composite resin where the carbon nanotubes are joined with the epoxy molecules to utilize their benefit in arrow construction. This unique hybrid material outperforms regular carbon resins to create a new standard in carbon arrow construction.

http://www.eastonarchery.com/company/article/12
Too much chemistry , for my pea brain...:rolleyes:.

Who's gonna be 1st, to test em on cinder blocks!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
seem good

They shoot nicely. Have not shot them at anything but targets yet and have not missed and hit something "bad" with them. They seem a lot like old axis arrows but should be a bit tougher (which is cool since they were already darn tough).

·
Registered
2,758 Posts

ill tell you what
you send me one and ill be more then happy to blow it up on cinder blocks
and i know as a fact that my ally can do it :embara:
and i will definately post pics :tongue::darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts

ill tell you what
you send me one and ill be more then happy to blow it up on cinder blocks
and i know as a fact that my ally can do it :embara:
and i will definately post pics :tongue::darkbeer:
ooooohhhhhh!
NO! WAIT!
better yet!
my 07 Envy can do it!
she has a rest!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have been shooting the 340's. So far, so good. I am going to have spread 'em out on my Black Hole though. Tearing too many vanes. No R/H's, but I have torn the wrap off of a couple.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
they are a great arrow but the finish they have which is like a matte finish makes them loud, I would rather go back to the older AXIS with the gloss finish to them, even on felt they are a little louder and on the whisker biscuit, WOW they are loud, I think I will sell my dozen on here in the classifieds and get some of the older ones, I like them a little better.

·
Up a Tree.......
3,192 Posts
Made some up for a buddy... The new ones are very dirty, I liked the older ones better with the gloss. Seem to shoot for him like the old ones...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I shot the old black Axis for the past couple of years and I loved them. I decided to try thr new camo FMJ's this year so I bought a 1/2dz and started shooting. In 2 days I bent 2 arrows by hitting them with another. Went and bought a dz of the new n-fused Axis and I love them. Shoot as well as my old ones, just as tough and even a little heavier so they should work great come hunting season. Ask me in May after I've had a chance to let the air out of a turkey or two.

·
Registered
99 Posts
One word. Awesome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts