Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want some feedback from anyone that has used this rest. Is it durable and is it hard to set up? Will it hold an arrow secure when the bow is on it's side?

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Want some feedback from anyone that has used this rest.
My only rest of the last 4 year with which I hunted
Is it durable and is it hard to set up?
It is extreme durable... and it is hard to set up IF your bow is not well tuned. i.e. not true center shot have tons of cam lean, and hand torque grip
Will it hold an arrow secure when the bow is on it's side?
Absolutely.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I am using Aerorests on all my bows.

The rests are very durable. There's really nothing on them to break. No moving parts (except springs,) no cables to hook up, and full containment with minimal contact.

As far as setup goes, they really aren't that hard to set up. The newer versions are easier since the angle of the bottom fingers does not require spacers anymore to accommodate different sized arrows. The rest is dependent upon your tuning methods. I prefer the micro-adjust version for fine tuning, but the standard version works just fine also.

You can set the amount of tension on all three ball bearings so the rest holds the arrow as loosely or tightly as you wish.

If you want a solid, lightweight, set-it-and-forget-it rest, then you won't be disappointed.

·
Vendor
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will the spings freeze up in cold wet weather?

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
I was really intrigued with the aerorest. From the one video I saw on youtube, it seemed quite loud though. Wish I could get more videos of it in action.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
After further research on here the sound by the aerorest doesn't seem to be an issue for hunting situations. Two extra balls are provided that are nylon that cut down on the noise if its an issue for you. I will end up buying one of these in the spring. Love the idea, design, and reliability.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Just and FYI, the nylon balls has proven to be non-effective as it can pop out when temperature turn cold. As of 2015, they are no longer part of the package. The new aerorest will have a GR5 titanium side bar on the standard for the standard option if you do not need the laser marking on the side bar. the micro adjust now has a ability to visually 0.1mm with consistency.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Just and FYI, the nylon balls has proven to be non-effective as it can pop out when temperature turn cold. As of 2015, they are no longer part of the package. The new aerorest will have a GR5 titanium side bar on the standard for the standard option if you do not need the laser marking on the side bar. the micro adjust now has a ability to visually 0.1mm with consistency.
Thanks for the reply! I wasn't planning on using the nylon balls anyway.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I think noise is relative. The string smacking against the string stop is probably louder than any noise the rest makes. If your bow is well tuned, there is very little noticeable noise.

Much quieter than the Limbdriver ProV I used before. I might have had the cable too tight, but the cable being in the way of my slider sight was enough to turn me off to them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The Pro V is silent on a properly tuned bow.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
The Pro V is silent on a properly tuned bow.
But this rest is true full containment and needs no attachments to function. The Pro V is nice but far from full containment.

I would like to hear more on issues with freezing rain. I can't see it being any worse than any other rest with moving parts that could freeze. In fact this rest may even fair better since there are less parts moving.

·
Vendor
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think for the price a lot of guys must just say heck with it and buy a whisker biscuit. I was wanting to see the results from guys that have used it in wet cold elements like freezing rain and wet snow. Hard to get responses for some reason. Either guys have not been happy and hate to admit it or there are not many out there.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
The best is to get one in your hand and play. We offer you 30 days no fault warranty, exchange, and REFUND on all Firenock product on our web store. I even refund your shipping to you. You just pay shipping back. What more can you ask for by just paying the shipping cost back and got to pay with everything I made. There is a cost to everything, and this is about as minimum as it gets.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
The best is to get one in your hand and play. We offer you 30 days no fault warranty, exchange, and REFUND on all Firenock product on our web store. I even refund your shipping to you. You just pay shipping back. What more can you ask for by just paying the shipping cost back and got to pay with everything I made. There is a cost to everything, and this is about as minimum as it gets.
That is a good offer and says a lot about your belief in your products. Just can't believe nobody here has used one and offer comments.

Maybe you can answer a question for me. Is it possible if you bump the arrow in the stand is it possible for the arrow to pop out from the guides?

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Maybe you can answer a question for me. Is it possible if you bump the arrow in the stand is it possible for the arrow to pop out from the guides?
It is YES for both, as it is nothing more than 3 springs' pressure holding it. Just like whisker biscuit. If you putt the arrow at the slot it will come out as it is the same way to put the arrow in. In case of arrow rest, if you do bump it off the 2 supporting balls, you can easily BUMP it back on them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts